Atlantis Aquaventures questions

DPJAF

Going on a Christmas cruise with Norwegian Sky. We will be in the Bahamas Christmas Eve and we will be going to Atlantis. I'm going to purchase tickets online. Would like a few tips on how to maximize the most of our time. It with be my husband and I with our 2 early 20's children.

We get to port at 7am - How long will it take to get off the ship? What time do people start lining up to get off the ship?

We will take a cab to Atlantis - Where do we go when we get there? Will we be able to go to the Dig before the water park opens? I read that the Dig is open before the water park (9am) and the slides (10am) - just want to make sure.

Once in the park, where is the best location to scout for lounge chairs? Where are locker rentals located? Where would be the best place to have lunch in the water park? Are we allowed to bring a soft cooler into the park?

There will be 5 ships in port while we are there. Is there a easy way to flow through the park and hit as many slides as we can without walking all over in so many directions?

Thanks for any help or tips you can provide. I have been reading posts all afternoon and have not seen answers to some of my questions yet. Looking so forward to celebrating Christmas in the Bahamas!

I've never been during a holiday, but I wouldn't count on being able to buy tickets from Atlantis, and if you can, do it early. We got chairs by the un-lazy river close to the lockers, and by the time the slides opened, there were no unclaimed lounge chairs left. We used the pools/smaller slides until 10, then the big slides, then the beach, and went through the digs before heading back to the ship. They do not allow outside food (and you can't take unpackaged food off of the ship anyway). Cab is $4 pp.

I've never been during a holiday, but I wouldn't count on being able to buy tickets from Atlantis, and if you can, do it early. We got chairs by the un-lazy river close to the lockers, and by the time the slides opened, there were no unclaimed lounge chairs left. We used the pools/smaller slides until 10, then the big slides, then the beach, and went through the digs before heading back to the ship. They do not allow outside food (and you can't take unpackaged food off of the ship anyway). Cab is $4 pp.

Thanks for the information. I purchased my tickets through Atlantis this morning and paid $70 less then the ship excursion. I like the idea of going through the dig on our way back to ship.

just tried to book atlantis day pass for August 24th and it is not showing any availability, might have waited too long, may have to look at Comfort Suites

That's a great idea. I checked Comfort Suites for our date first (12/24) but they were sold out. So glad I was still able to purchase tickets on the Atlantis website. :D