Recommendations for tours on Valparaiso to Buenos Aires Tour

skadventurer

A group of six is taking the NCL cruise from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires from Jan. 21 to Feb.5, 2017. We will be in the following ports: Puerto Montt, Puerto Chacabuco, Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, Port Stanley, Puerto Madryn and Montevideo. I am looking for any recommendations for tours in these ports. We all want to see penguins but that should be the focus of only a couple of the tours. A couple of us are history teachers so history is always an interest but seeing the countryside and nature is more important than seeing towns. I would like to book with private tour companies as opposed to booking through the ship so if anyone has specific recommendations of tour companies, I would appreciate that. I have read the threads here but some of them are fairly old so I don't know how accurate they are and some don't give the name of companies used. I hope that I have followed all the rules and posted appropriately. Thanks in advance for any advice given.

We used SouthExcursions for most of our Around the Horn cruise in 2014. Guides were excellent and prices substantially less than the ship's tours.

You will need to organize a tour (if one has not been organized already) on your roll call. It is not hard to do.

Here is my review of our cruise.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=248878

• 2 weeks later...

In 2013 several of us from our RollCall took enpatagonia' stour in Chacabuco.

We had ex-pat Mark and he was great. We got to several falls and had lunch at a local farm house. They had local dancers (2) doing regional dances. Great trip.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We used SouthExcursions for most of our Around the Horn cruise in 2014. Guides were excellent and prices substantially less than the ship's tours.

You will need to organize a tour (if one has not been organized already) on your roll call. It is not hard to do.

Here is my review of our cruise.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=248878

Thank you so much for this long review of your stay in BA as well as the tour. We are on the HAL from Valparaiso in March and I really appreciate all your recommendations for things to do from beginning to end. Saludos!

I've booked all our tours. The only one that is pending is the one in Chacabuco.

We are registered with en Patagonia tours. They need 14 people to run the Peurto Chacabuco Day Excursion. If anyone is interested in joining us please contact Anne at enpatagonia@gmail.com.

I don't think I'm breaking any rules doing this but if I am I apologize and please contact me.

Skadventurer

• 1 month later...
I've booked all our tours. The only one that is pending is the one in Chacabuco.

We are registered with en Patagonia tours. They need 14 people to run the Peurto Chacabuco Day Excursion. If anyone is interested in joining us please contact Anne at enpatagonia@gmail.com.

I don't think I'm breaking any rules doing this but if I am I apologize and please contact me.

Skadventurer

There is a Roll Call for your cruise. I know this because I am also on that cruise. Have you checked that out? We have already put together groups for several of these ports. You may find people there who are going on your cruise (posters on this forum are not necessarily on your cruise) who may be interested in joining your group. Check it out.

Estancia in the Falklands if you want to go to Voluntary Point to see colonies of King Penguins, Gentoos and Magellanic Penguins. This was the only tour group that went to Voluntary Point-my favourite tour of the whole trip.

GV tours for Puerto Montt.

I also did a great tour in Puerto Chacabucco & Punta Tombo.

South excursions for a transfer/tour Valparaiso to Santiago. I'll have to look up my roll call for the name of who we used for Puerto Chacabucco. I did this cruise Jan 2nd'16. Great itinerary!

We are going on this same cruise in January 2017. Can you detail and recommend any tours? Our roll call for this cruise hasn't put together any tours and seems a more quiet group. I tried to contact GV cruises for Puerto Montt. Haven't heard back. I have Port Stanley and Montevideo booked so far. Any good experiences or things to avoid you can pass along is appreciated.