Hotels in Tokyo?

WorldTravelz

Depends when you are going. Last year I had no trouble finding yukata (summer kimino) as we were there in the height of summer. Other years I have hunted without success to find the authentic yukata. The satin dressing gown types are available in a lot of places but I wanted the real thing. There are also 2nd hand kimino/yukata stores. Which ports are you going to? We bought a lovely 2nd hand yukata in Nagasaki and another in Maizuru, Both look like they have never been worn.

IF you go to Tokyo there is shopping in the Akaska area but very touristy, they have the satin type everywhere there. I guess it depends on the age of the kids you are buying for.

• 4 weeks later...

We found Century Southern Tower hotel at TripAdvisor and got great review. I found their FAQ on their check in hours. On their website "Our Front Desk operates 24 hours a day." So you should be able to check in late at night. We will be arriving there late night too. We landed in Narita at 8pm and still trying to find out the best way to get to the hotel. I found two shared company ie. Viator.com and Green Tomato. Still trying to find out which one is reliable to us