Preview - Live Review Majesty of the Seas 12/12/2016

After a three year break from cruising, DH and I will be cruising in December as a joint anniversary and holiday cruise, as well as a much needed vacation.

* This will be our fourth cruise, and our third a the Sovereign class ship. I had given up all hope of cruising on all three after Majesty was transferred to Pullmantour, but now that she's back, I'm very excited to sail on her.

* We enjoy the smaller ships, and while we enjoyed Enchantment, we missed some of the Sovereign class design.

* We live in Orlando, and our adult son will be taking us to the port and picking us up.

* I found out today that there will be a meteor shower that spans the week of our cruise. You will find us on the pool deck at night, looking up!

Meteor Shower

When I booked this cruise in September, I chose a Oceanview Stateroom, and called a few days later to see about upgrading to a Superior Oceanview. The RC representative was able to upgrade us at no charge.

Now, 5 weeks later, the price drops have OV staterooms available for $120pp less, but I'm watching to see if suites drop low enough to pay the difference and upgrade.

This is the first time I've purchased an internet package for the cruise, I hope that the Voom Surf is fast enough to upload photos and post updates.

We have gotten the soda package previously, but I upgraded to the Refreshment package while it was on sale this weekend, for only $10pp more per day.

If our cruise voyage manages to Tender at Coco Cay, we have reserved a blue mini cabana. I hope it does, it's one of my favorite places.

• 2 months later...

T-1 day until we sail from Port Canaveral!

Since I last updated, DH and I have added the Voom Surf & Stream for each of us, along with the Replenish beverage package.

Also, because I am a worry wart, I prepaid our on board account with a $100 gift certificate. Having that cushion takes a lot of concern off my mind.

I booked the clamshell lounger for two on CocoCay. Checking the weather for Bahamas, it looks like the winds are favorable for us to tender.

Packing is being finished and we're excited to head to the port with our son, but he will be leaving us there and coming home.

I hear the ocean calling my name!

Thank you for asking. For the first time, DH and I have booked an excursion.

We're going to Sandy Toes for the full day excursion, which means we'll need a taxi from the port to the Paradise Island Ferry.

We are taking our DSLR camera, GoPro and phones so we will have some photos to share. :)

Thank you for asking. For the first time, DH and I have booked an excursion.

We're going to Sandy Toes for the full day excursion, which means we'll need a taxi from the port to the Paradise Island Ferry.

We are taking our DSLR camera, GoPro and phones so we will have some photos to share. :)

Wow, I am excited! I have never heard of this option, but I am now happy to look into it, and even more excited to see your pictures!!!!

Happy anniversary. We love the sovereign class too. We especially are fond of Monarch. Still no other ship has the same feel like Monarch. We are doing Majesty for the first time too. So this is our 3rd Sovereign ship (incl. Sovereign).

Was there another?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Happy anniversary. We love the sovereign class too. We especially are fond of Monarch. Still no other ship has the same feel like Monarch. We are doing Majesty for the first time too. So this is our 3rd Sovereign ship (incl. Sovereign).

Was there another?

Only 3 Sovereign class ships.

Took about an hour to get from the curb to on the ship. Luggage here at 2:45.334e89b9733a4d93cec2a43f2a4a3ced.jpg

eb08f2e385d74b6541492536252b0224.jpg

Muster drill at 3:30.

We were able to book the Galley tour and brunch for $25 per person. That will be Thursday.

Had a light snack in the Compass Deli and watched a cargo ship offload cars. bc000ef5dc08b0402540e48947a5644f.jpg

d29acc26d037a036ea9434c6e4d94cb5.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Forums mobile app

Sandy Toes was amazing. Crystal clear water, sea life all around, and an amazing lunch.

2395d674fd85f556ccd5a137dcf02d07.jpg

206e3fb65f8997a42f3f81aa97a1f447.jpg

C&A reception was very nice, they did a few raffles, plied us with alcohol, and the Hotel Director introduced all of his managers.

Dinner was excellent, as was the Love & Marriage show.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Forums mobile app

Disembarkation was swift. We were out of our stateroom by 8, having breakfast in the MDR, then to our depart location, Boleros, by 8:30 AM. Once we were allowed to go down to the departure deck, 4, we got in the line and it was smooth travels to baggage pick up and customs.

One note: unless it is absolutely necessary, using a stroller should be limited. There were a few families where someone was trying to push the stroller and self-carry luggage and kept having to stop and reposition everything.

We were waiting at the pick up area by 9:20.