shore ex transport-are buses air conditioned?

Knighton

Hi all,

Trying to get some other friends to go on our cruise with us. Is the transportation they use to take people around on shore excursions air conditioned? It's kind of a deal breaker for them, because they're afraid it's going to be too hot down there in July for them. (They're seniors.) I'm figuring it will be ok, since there have been tourists there for a long time, just not Americans. Thanks!

We just got home from a seven day Celestyal cruise to Cuba on the Crystal. All the tour buses were air conditioned, however in addition to tours there was quite a bit of walking involved. We sailed out of Montego Bay and went to Havana for two days, Cienfuegos, and Santiago. One could probably stay on the bus but there is so much to see involving the revolution and cultural/arts, I'm afraid you might miss so much. There were also lectures and other activities offered onboard the ship during non touring times. I would highly recommend this line if you are planning a trip to Cuba.

• 3 weeks later...

We were there 1st week of September and again last week on Fathom. Tour buses are air conditioned but as mentioned above most tours include touring sights by walking. The buses are mainly used to get you to a particular sight then walking tour. Sometimes you get off at one spot & reboard at another. We loved Cuba but it is definitely hot. Sept was about 95F and 100% humidity. February was better, about 84F, a little less humidity.