Excursion booking time question......

Herfnerd

We are sailing on the MS Eurodam in September and are scheduled to arrive in Juneau at 1pm.

Looking to book an excursion or two on our own and wondered if a 1:30pm time is too optimistic?

And while we are on the subject, we are looking at doing a whale watching tour and Mendenhall Glacier - if we can do a combo, that would be great. Looking at Harv & Marv, Weatherpermitting and Gastineau Guiding but wondered if anyone has had any experience with Juneau Shore Tours and Juneau Tours? They don't appear to be aggregators and have seen good reviews for them but just wondered if anyone has had any experience with them?

TIA

This past May we had an arrival time of 1:00 PM in Juneau too. **IF** you are standing near the ship's exit and ready to get off as soon as they open the door **AND** whoever you're going to tour with is waiting at the dock to pick you up, 1:30 might be fine. Is 1:30 a predetermined time the tour company has posted? To have a little more breathing room 1:45-2:00 would probably be less nerve racking.

Just as an example...

In Ketchikan (I know you asked about Juneau) we arrive at 8:00, the private tour that I want to take departs the visitors center at 8:30, I asked Dave, the operator, if that would be cutting it too close (the other option on his booking website was 10:30 - too late for me.), he said, "yes." He allowed us to book the pick up at 9:00 instead.

Long way of saying - ask you tour operator, they will have a better idea based on past experiences. & They will know if they can give you an alternate time.

Are you booking the excursion through HAL or directly with the tour operator? If through HAL, then the tour operator will probably wait and it won't be an issue.

We've always booked our excursions from independent operators or in port (in the Caribbean). This is our first Alaskan cruise