Big French Key or Little French Key? Has anyone been to both?

jaowel

I love these boards to help me decide which excursion to take on our cruises. However, after reading all the threads, we are having a hard time deciding between Big French Key and Little French Key. We are traveling with another family and have narrowed it down to these two places. Has anyone been to both? Which of the two do you prefer? The prices don't really make the difference in our decision. So personal experience from other cruisers would be helpful. The kids traveling with us are ages 5-18, so we want to it to appeal to all of us :)

Thanks so much!

We have been looking for the same information, and haven't found many reviews, except on trip advisor.

I hear ya! We just went ahead and booked LFK. We go the 1st week of April. We can't wait!!! I'll post reviews when I get back.:)

• 2 months later...
I am interested in hearing about your excursion. Who did you book with and how was it?

Little French Key was fantastic! We booked through their website and they met our party of 11 outside the port. (It's not a very long walk). The drive there was through "town" in an air conditioned bus and only took maybe 15-20 min. You pay when you get there and then get on the pontoon to take you over. We were given a little tour of the island and quickly found a beautiful spot to spend the day. Albert was our waiter and was awesome! He was always checking on us and was very quick to bring us drinks and food (which was delicious!). The zoo is very cool just keep in mind that there are bigger animals on the mainland to look at. The kayaking and paddle boards were fun and the island and water are very clean. We can't wait to go back! I'll post pictures soon...they are on my work computer :)

Little French Key was fantastic! We booked through their website and they met our party of 11 outside the port. (It's not a very long walk). The drive there was through "town" in an air conditioned bus and only took maybe 15-20 min. You pay when you get there and then get on the pontoon to take you over. We were given a little tour of the island and quickly found a beautiful spot to spend the day. Albert was our waiter and was awesome! He was always checking on us and was very quick to bring us drinks and food (which was delicious!). The zoo is very cool just keep in mind that there are bigger animals on the mainland to look at. The kayaking and paddle boards were fun and the island and water are very clean. We can't wait to go back! I'll post pictures soon...they are on my work computer :)

Any problems with overcrowding? Reviews seems to be either glowing or complaining of too many people. Not much in-between.

Any problems with overcrowding? Reviews seems to be either glowing or complaining of too many people. Not much in-between.

I didn't think it was too crowded at all, but I guess that depends on what one deems as "too crowded". It was spring break so I thought it was going to be busier than it was. There are lots of secluded areas to relax and if you want more action, they have those areas too. I can't get my pictures to post for some reason. I'll try again tomorrow so you can get an idea of the crowd

Can you suggest a package? You said you had a server. What package did you get ?

We did the Full Island Package. That got us transportation, lunch, two drinks per person and a zoo tour (which we didn't do, we just went through on our own). Our kids didn't want to go snorkeling, so we opted out of that package.