Ellis' Tour # 2 ???

plucasana

hi,

can anyone advise me on ellis' tours?

I am thinking of N° 2 anyone done that one?

or is N°3 (the classic rain forest tour) better?

has anyone been in the cold pool?

(how cold is cold?)

2. Charco Frio (cold pool). This is located in the rain forest on the back side of El Yunque and its definately one of the most if not the most beautiful pool on the island, you can swim jump from a rope swing or just enjoy. Its a more strenuous hike about 20 minutes with a climb down some rocks to get to the pool. On the way in we stop at the Basillo house where you can change and use the facilities. From there we will take the beach road back where we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch. The cost is $65 pp. minimum $ 195. This tour is not available on Saturdays

thanks in advance

sandra

My husband I and chose the Charco Frio tour with Ellis one year ago as a post-cruise excursion.

He picked us up at the pier around 8:00 am and drove us to the site. We had a bit of a hike to get to the pool, but nothing too strenuous. The rainforest is beautiful.

b5251458887ee5bdf15e9208348e50e9.jpg

e584c46c4067b9a6c0f571899af330c7.jpg

cff5512d54a5cc3964fceeffa0c23a63.jpg

The pool was finally in sight...

14d9a21dbc1cb30d46c5f6818cc45b56.jpg

The water was...refreshing! It was cool but not too cold to keep us out of it, and I'm a wimp when it comes to water temperature.

Waterfalls are around the rocks to the left, rope swings to the right...

fe394385498294ed0a0bb969a5f54dd6.jpg

The swings were very fun!

470223705a05b12523630dcc3dcabd5b.jpg

The short climb to the waterfalls was a little scary for me. Again, I'm a wimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

f6a6cecec6788ad7ab8d908168d662b0.jpg

My husband jumped from here...

5e22bb616b1058f66cdeba96923d71dc.jpg

I stuck with the water slide...

06f6b4befe28697ab4371a22ef794bd7.jpg

eebf9d3b1ca05f25ffd2c09283a29b47.jpg

We were there on a Sunday. There was a small tour group in the water for a very short while when we arrived, and a few locals showed up later. When we used the swing and water slide, we had them to ourselves. Virtually no crowd at all. I imagine there's even less of a crowd on weekdays.

After swimming, we hiked back to the house were there was a changing area. Ellis then took us to a cave, followed by a fantastic meal where the locals go, and lastly, the airport at 2:00.

fccc94bc58055b9d3c6c2f9db1f121d2.jpg

daaf54baf667b94dbac3f8d4a9d39376.jpg

We had a great time with Ellis and wouldn't hesitate to book with him again.

• 1 month later...
would this tour be good with a ten year old? he's a swimmer and medium adventurous. [emoji6]

Yes. In fact, Ellis shared with us that he's brought his young grandchildren there several times and they loved the big jumps. Getting to the pool was easy. Once at the pool, there's fun for every adventure level, from just swimming in the pool to jumping from the tallest rocks.

Two parts that would've made me nervous as a mother are:

1) Climbing from the smaller rocks where the ropes are to the larger rocks where the tall jump and waterfall are. I'd let my kids do it though. I would just close my eyes while their dad led them to the top. It may not be a big deal, but I'm a wimp.

2) Swimming to a rock between the falls. We had to swim deep to get under the current, and it made me a little nervous. I wouldn't have felt comfortable letting my kids do that because they're not strong swimmers.

I think my kids would've loved this tour!

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

can anyone advise me on ellis' tours?

I am thinking of N° 2 anyone done that one?

or is N°3 (the classic rain forest tour) better?

has anyone been in the cold pool?

(how cold is cold?)

2. Charco Frio (cold pool). This is located in the rain forest on the back side of El Yunque and its definately one of the most if not the most beautiful pool on the island, you can swim jump from a rope swing or just enjoy. Its a more strenuous hike about 20 minutes with a climb down some rocks to get to the pool. On the way in we stop at the Basillo house where you can change and use the facilities. From there we will take the beach road back where we will stop at a local restaurant for lunch. The cost is $65 pp. minimum $ 195. This tour is not available on Saturdays

thanks in advance

sandra

Looked through your pictures. They are great! I have a question about pricing and the meal. Is that included in the price of the tour.....and if not how much was a basic meal ?

Looked through your pictures. They are great! I have a question about pricing and the meal. Is that included in the price of the tour.....and if not how much was a basic meal ?

Lunch was not included in our tour. We paid for it ourselves. I can't say for sure how much it was, but it was very reasonable. If I had to guess, the two of us probably paid $15-20 altogether. I'm sure that Ellis could give you an idea of what to expect. And perhaps he's changed his tour and it's now covered. I have some food pictures that I can post.

Edited by Kelsey D

Lunch was not included in our tour. We paid for it ourselves. I can't say for sure how much it was, but it was very reasonable. If I had to guess, the two of us probably paid $15-20 altogether. I'm sure that Ellis could give you an idea of what to expect. And perhaps he's changed his tour and it's now covered. I have some food pictures that I can post.

Thanks for the information, and I looked at your pictures of the food. You have helped us a great deal in our planning. Much appreciated.

• 5 months later...