Rosslyn Chapel question

Hello, we will be arriving in Edinburgh on May 22nd docking South Queensferry at 7 am. Should we go straight to the Castle and do the Royal Mile area then hop a bus to Rosalyn Chapel OR should we reverse the plan? Appreciate any suggestions/comments.

Hello, we will be arriving in Edinburgh on May 22nd docking South Queensferry at 7 am. Should we go straight to the Castle and do the Royal Mile area then hop a bus to Rosalyn Chapel OR should we reverse the plan? Appreciate any suggestions/comments.

I love Rosslyn Chapel - small but perfectly formed and so intricate. I would suggest getting the bus out to Roslin first (name of the village) because it's about 5 miles out of the city centre. I'd want to end up in the centre where there are more options to get back to the ship. This is a link to the bus route that operates to Roslin:

https://lothianbuses.co.uk/timetables-and-maps/timetables/37

If you get the shuttle from Queensferry into the city, it is about a 5 minute walk to the bus stop. I created a thread a couple of years ago and will have a look and add a link to it. It shows with photos how to get to the bus stop.

When you're coming back into the city, the bus will stop very close to the Royal Mile and anybody on the bus will tell you when it is. Enjoy your visit.