How many formal nights?

Confused_mammaj

We have booked our 14 night Med cruise for the 30th April on Ventura. It is a strictly come dancing themed cruise.

I am guessing that we will have 4 formal nights as that is what we have had on other cruises.

Would I be right? Also we love dressing up for formal nights and just want to check that other people do dress up for formal nights as well. Thank you.

Would I be right? Also we love dressing up for formal nights and just want to check that other people do dress up for formal nights as well. Thank you.

Yes. Despite all the threads here about people not adhering to the dress code, I would say 95-98% of pax do go the whole hog and dress up for the formals - and wonderful everyone looks too.

Thanks both. I have even bought suits for my toddler and baby as we are hoping to capture some lovely family photos x

Then I hope you are lucky and get a good photographer. Afraid the standard varies a lot IME. We had fab photographers 4 years ago, consequently we purchased several (although I don't think they were as expensive as they are now), the year after they were very poor. The only ones we purchased were photos we had taken specially of the children and made sure to arrange a session with the only photographer who seemed to have a clue.

Didn't buy any last year either - the "professional" who took a photo of us in the MDR on Christmas Day was bouncing his flash off the shiny surface behind our table and couldn't understand why my husband was suggesting he should change his position or move us so we didn't have the reflective surface behind us! The family on the table next to us at dinner took better pics of us on my husband's pocket digital camera!

Whether you get professional pics or family snaps, I'm sure your children will look adorable.