E-Mail TO QM2 passenger

DocM3

A friend just sailed today on the "Med" cruise I would like to send her an e-mail - Can someone tell me how to address it - I have her cabin #.

Thanks lots.

Doc, if the information I received via phone from Cunard is correct, here is the answer to your question:

On the QM2 (but not the QE2), passengers can receive and reply to email messages through the interactive TV in their cabins. A passenger's email address for this service takes the generic form:

fnXXXXXX#Y@QM2GUEST.CUNARD.COM

where:

f = first name initial

n = last name

XXXXXX = Cunard booking number

Y = the passenger's number on the booking (typically "1" or "2")

so, for example, if John Doe were passenger #1 on booking number CK5TBA, his onboard email address would be:

jdoeCK5TBA#1@QM2GUEST.CUNARD.COM

I realize this may not help you unless you happen to know your friend's booking number, but here it is just in case.

Randy

Back in May,June this year we had two digit passenger numbers; i.e, my QM2 email address was PB.....CJHKXQ01@QM2GUEST.cunard.com and my wife's was MB.....CJHKXQ02@QM2GUEST.cunard.com

But, if your friend buys one of the QM2's internet access packages (do a "Search this Forum" for "internet access"), you can send email to the friend's regular email address.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Back in May,June this year we had two digit passenger numbers; i.e, my QM2 email address was PB.....CJHKXQ01@QM2GUEST.cunard.com and my wife's was MB.....CJHKXQ02@QM2GUEST.cunard.com

But, if your friend buys one of the QM2's internet access packages (do a "Search this Forum" for "internet access"), you can send email to the friend's regular email address.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Paul, thank you very much for that information. I'll have to correct my "instructions" to show a two-digit passenger number.

Randy

Great idea........................is there a charge for this service?

My dad will be on the QM2 next month and it would be fun to surprise him with an email.

I believe that there is a charge of $1.50 to the passenger for each email read or sent using their interactive cabin TV.

Randy

Great idea........................is there a charge for this service?

Yes, indeed: "A flat fee of $1.50 is billed to your account for each Email message sent or opened." That's for the CUNARDMAIL email service. If your dad buys one of the internet access packages on the QM2 (they are expensive) you can use his regular email address and not be charged the $1.50 per.

For more details see the information from May/June this year that I've scanned to http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/*****.

Paul

Archived