One other "not to be missed"

blacksmithcrm

One other QM2 virtue that hasn't been mentioned on this Board is the piano player - Campbell Simpson. He was simply incredible!

In one set I heard him run through tunes from Sir Edward Elgar, Scott Joplin, Henry Mancini, Rimsky-Korsakov, Beethovan and Freddy Mercury, all from memory. Lot of people were requesting tune, and he never once got stumped (even when I asked for a song by the Sex Pistols!). Once again, all from memory.

His rendition of "Flight of the Bumblebee" is not to be missed!

Enjoy

Sounds like something not to be missed. In which venue does he play (and when)?

Back in May/June this year he was in the Commodore Club 7:30PM-8:30PM and 9:45PM-Midnight.

BTW you can read a dozen Daily Programmes from May/June this year at s102.photobucket.com/albums/*****QueenMary2DailyProgramme/?.

Paul

He played 'Rhapsody in Blue' as part of the string quartet classical concert on the last afternoon. We had not found the Commodore Club then (just not enough time on a Westbound TA - how do you manage on the Eastbound with even less time!) He was amazing.

I asked him about The "Rhapsody in Blue" that he played that day, since there were a number of differences from the orchestrated version. He memorized it from a 1926 recording of George Gershwin playing his own music.

Not only spectacular, but as true to the composer's intent as you'll ever hear - One helluva show!

Archived