QM2 Cruise journal 9/3/06 con't

nuekruizer

We were told to set clocks back 1 hr on Sat nite (9/2) on our journey to Nova Scotia. We got room service on 7:30 Sun morning which arrived on the button with all orders correct. Checked ot Ch 33 wake up show and left for Canyon Ranch for facial and massage (which we had reserved one month earlier). What heaven lying under the duvet in a dark room to the softsounds of Japanese music with the ship gently rocking and being slathered with warm oil by a Thai gentleman- but- I digress- you get to use all the spa facilities for the day if you get a treatment. There is a lovely rest nook past the checkin counter with a beverage station and lounge chairs set up in a nook with huge windows overlooking the ocean. You can sit here in your robe and sip your tea. In the concierge lounge on Deck 9, (without having to go down to Illuminations to find tickets), you can get tickets to the Planetarium. We went to all three shows as there is a diffferent 1/2 hr show each day from 1:00- 2:30. I was disappointed in the "Enrichment Lectures" which were about Elvis and Sinatra. They are great, but I didnt think this qualified as enrichment. Ate at Todd English for lunch as we were smart to make reservations upon boarding. Had a delicious lunch of crab cakes, lobster salad and Thai coffee tiramisu, but this was not any better than the main restaurants in my opinion. This day I missed classical pianist Adam Johnson who was outstanding. At 4:30 we headed for the Commodore Club to the CC'rs Meet and Greet. It was a pleasure meeting Maria, Karie, Marc, Bill, Ray, Dai,Johnsy81, etc. What a great group of folks. I sent Maria a Cd I made of the trip. One of my favorite spots is in the Library. There are several chairs facing the large windows in front of the bow of the ship where you can watch the ship plow thru the ocean like a hot knife thru butter. oops out of space.. will continue..

We ate early at Princess (Paul: Thanks, I didnt know that the tray near the door had cystallized ginger. I wondered what that was) Food was excellent and always served within 5 min of seating. We left promptly for "Apassionata" dance show, went back to change for the Black and White Ball. Got there 45 min late and the room was packed to the gills, so we went to the G32 disco and had a BBC ( Bailey's Banana Colada) and listened to band "CarribeanIllusions" (ind of a regge (?)band). We went back to Queens Room and used the gentleman hosts to dance with. These are older gentlemen who are employed to seek out gals without dance partners. Most people were dressed in black. They even sold black and white clothes in one of the shops if needed. Exhausted, we returned to our room and sat out on the deck enjoying the warm breeze, sipping our wine. The glass deck door opened out to 90 degrees, so we could enjoy the ocean smell and sound all nite.

What heaven lying under the duvet in a dark room to the softsounds of Japanese music with the ship gently rocking and being slathered with warm oil by a Thai gentleman- but- I digress- you get to use all the spa facilities for the day if you get a treatment. I was disappointed in the "Enrichment Lectures" which were about Elvis and Sinatra. They are great, but I didnt think this qualified as enrichment.

Sure they do! After all, they certainly enriched the lecturers!

And you do make Canyon Ranch sound awfully inviting! I've always resisted the urge, thinking it overprices, and I haven't been that impressed with tretments I have received on previous cruises (None Canyon Ranch, however, including previous Cunard voyages)

Then, too, the robes don't fit me :-(

Karie

P.S. Enjoying you review, glad you were able to get around okay, and love that you danced with the gentlmen hosts! Did they make you feel like you were dancing on a cloud? I once danced with a co-worker who was also an Arthur Murray instructor. I never really learned ballroom or how to follow a lead. I swear, this guy made me feel like a floating feather, and taught me right out on the dance floor with no one the wiser! I felt like Ginger Rogers. OR Fred Astaire. Or maybe it was Fred Rogers... I forget!<G>

Karie

Archived