Hotel Suggestions for Sydney AIrport

tgetz

Any suggestions for a hotel at the airport in Sydney. Long story but we will have been in Sydney for 8 days and are just going to fly from Auckland to Sydney and then fly back to the states the next morning. We will want a fairly nice hotel 4 or 5 star preferably. Thanks for any suggestions. Can't seem to get trip advisor to give me hotels by area.

Rydges, Holiday Inn, Stamford Plaza and Mercure are the only 4 and 4.5 star hotels near the airport. They are all reasonable hotel chains. There are no 5 star hotels there. The Mercure and Rydges are closest to the International terminal. These are all typical airport hotels with not much in the way of restaurants etc nearby, only the hotel restaurants.

There is a 4 star Novotel at Brighton-Le-Sands, just a few minutes from the airport. This is in a nice area with lots of restaurants and cafes, and a lovely beach just across the road. There is a walkway along the beach front.

Also Sydney airport isn't far from the CBD, 30 mins to an hour by taxi depending on traffic, if you wanted one last night in a really nice hotel.

To get TripAdvisor to zoom in on particular area use the map view. Select the map, find the airport, then zoom in until only the area around the airport is showing.

thanks so much for your advice. the help with trip advisor is wonderful!!! Can't believe I hadn't figured that out, but.....

I think we have come up with a different solution and are staying in Auckland for the one night. I found a HUGE sale this evening on business class on Wednesday- about half of what it has been and we just decided to take the plunge and go for a really long day traveling rather than two busted up days traveling. May regret this when we get home, but the advice on how to better use trip advisor is wonderful!!! thanks so very much.