Best place to eat in Cabo

Pugster4

My wife and i leave in January on a Miracle cruise and Cabo is our first port. We are going to snorkel and then will want to grab a bite to eat. I was thinking local authentic Mexican that isn't too far away from the tendering area so we might have some time to go out to lovers beach. We aren't drinkers so that doesn't matter to us. Thanks for your help! :)

Las Guacamayas is across the street and a block or two down from Cabo Wabo's front door. Had an excellent flor de calabaza quesadilla. Horchata made to order. There were lots of other agua frescas available. Aye here last week. In the next block or so is a Michoacana, Mexican popsicles and ice cream. Next to this is a Mexican glass shop.

Taco Loco is in the plaza backing into Cabo Wabo, facing the Marina.

Edited by SadieN

Las Guacamayas is across the street and a block or two down from Cabo Wabo's front door. Had an excellent flor de calabaza quesadilla. Horchata made to order. There were lots of other agua frescas available. Aye here last week. In the next block or so is a Michoacana, Mexican popsicles and ice cream. Next to this is a Mexican glass shop.

Taco Loco is in the plaza backing into Cabo Wabo, facing the Marina.

I second Las Guacamayas. We love their stuffed potatoes, as well as their "fried cheese" (try it, it is really my favorite item.) Second would be Taco Loco. They have a great condiment bar. Third would be Cabo Cantina. All are easily within walking distance. The best place (in my opinion) is Captain Tony's. Not so much for their food, (their pizza, however, is the best in all of Cabo), but it is a great place to sit on the Marina, and watch people.

My husband and I have been to Cabo several times (but never as part of a cruise). There are places to eat that we always work in to the schedule. Las Mariscadas, Salvatore's and MiCasa are all very good. They are not necessarily on the beaten path, but a cab or a local could get you there. We will be in Cabo in December and plan to have lunch at Las Mariscadas because we still remember how good the food was.

My husband and I have been to Cabo several times (but never as part of a cruise). There are places to eat that we always work in to the schedule. Las Mariscadas, Salvatore's and MiCasa are all very good. They are not necessarily on the beaten path, but a cab or a local could get you there. We will be in Cabo in December and plan to have lunch at Las Mariscadas because we still remember how good the food was.

Where is Las Maricadas? Would love to try it out.

I don't have a street number, but their website says Calle Cabo San Lucas (which I think is the street name). Lots of places don't have a street number (or at least they are very hard to find).

There are no address in Cabo and no mail service either.

• 3 weeks later...
There's a new place called Johns Place across from the new access path from the tender docks.

Extremely great food and drinks. Not a music club but a nice clean place to grab a bite. Try their carne asada tacos.

John's Place used to be Baja Pepper's in the Mar de Cortez. If anyone ever ate there, same owner, same menu.

My wife and i leave in January on a Miracle cruise and Cabo is our first port. We are going to snorkel and then will want to grab a bite to eat. I was thinking local authentic Mexican that isn't too far away from the tendering area so we might have some time to go out to lovers beach. We aren't drinkers so that doesn't matter to us. Thanks for your help! :)

Well, the truly authentic restaurants are not in the marina area. You'll need to venture off. My favorite place for street tacos in centro de Cabo is at the start of Jose Maria Morelos on the right hand side of street. If you get to the corner with the 3 Hermanos you have gone too far. No worries about drinking as they don't serve anything but soda, juice and water.