Money

crisp1

We arrive late Thursday night (9:30pm) and are staying 2 nights pre cruise at the IC Faa'a. Will the cab drivers take US or will we have to use the atm to get xfp. We have a stopover at LAX (United- ATN)- can we exchange there? I've also read that one can exchange at the IC or on board the PG. Anyone know who charges the least fees/ best exchange rate? I also read that there is a machine that takes US dollars and exchanges them for xfp- is this the atm at the airport. We're taking the 7 day Society islands cruise. Our excursions are pre paid, so other than cab fares, trinkets and lunch on the day before our cruise I don't see any other things we need local currency for. We fly out the same morning we get off the ship. Am I missing something? How much local currency should I get?

Thanks

The taxi driver should take US as they did for us today. We used the ATM at the airport and got local currency. We had 4 precruise nights and a number of excursions privately booked so we needed the currency. On the PG they will buy back any remaining currency at a decent rate. I would probably get about 20000 in currency which is about $200.

The taxi driver should take US as they did for us today. We used the ATM at the airport and got local currency. We had 4 precruise nights and a number of excursions privately booked so we needed the currency. On the PG they will buy back any remaining currency at a decent rate. I would probably get about 20000 in currency which is about $200.

Thanks for the info. Sorry about your cabin problems- we're on deck 7, so it shouldn't be an issue for us :)

• 2 weeks later...