Groupon?

ncrn2014

Saw the date restrictions, but know that these are used to fill empty rooms, but didn't seem like a bad deal if you were able to get away with a short notice. My daughters are finally getting old enough that taking a short notice cruise might actually (finally) be an option for me and hubby. Didn't see any hidden fees, but then I guess then they wouldn't be hidden! Know anyone that has done this type of thing? What kind of hidden fees?

Have not used Groupon for cruises or getaways, but have used Groupon for many things over the years and love it. IMO, Groupon is a somewhat similar to Travelzoo discounts, which I also love and the Entertainment Book discounts, that has discounts on restaurants, cruises, car rentals, entertainment, etc.

Over the years bought restaurant deals, ex: pay $25 and spend $50 on food. Some would be for fairly new restaurants or existing restaurants, looking for new customers. Some places we went back to and others we did not.

With stores, recently bought $25 vouchers for Brookstone & Cache, worth $50 each. Have taken sightseeing tours, bought ticket entry to museums in NYC, all half price. Bought vouchers for discounts at hotels and B&B's .

Bought Groupons vouchers for places to eat and shows in Las Vegas, some were half price, others had less of a savings but still a good deal.

If you see a cruise deal on Groupon, go to that cruise line forum on cruise critic and read reviews, you can also ask the same question on that forum.

There are no hidden fees, cost of everything is indicated in the fine print that you need to read carefully. Deals are only valid on certain dates or certain locations for store discounts.

If you decide to purchase, please come back and share your experience.