Carnival Imagination or Inspiration Wedding

Hey everyone!

I've been engaged for 7 days, and even though it still seems unreal. I've started planning. My family has always been big cruisers, I introduced my FH to cruising and he immediately fell in love too. We've been on 4 together and love traveling.

In starting the planning process, I immediately knew I wanted to do something that felt like us. I looked at fancy venues but spending $10,000 on one day just makes me sick.

I think I've all but decided on a short 4 day cruise out of Long Beach as we live in Utah and that's the closest port.

I'm thinking March 2018. Right now they have the Imagination and Inspiration in Long Beach.

Has anyone been married on either or these ships? If so, what room was the ceremony in?

And how did all you cruise brides pick your colors? Seems overwhelming as you don't even know what room you're going to be in till a few weeks prior.

Thanks!

Edited by taylorshaudean

I got married on the Imagination in 2014. Our wedding was in the Shangri La Lounge and the reception was next door in the Illusions Night Club. You can look for me on FB under Lori Snelling if you want to see my wedding pictures. I'll be the Lori Snelling in Fair Oaks, CA and I think my current profile picture is me in front of Mulan Rouge

My FH and I will be married on the Imagination in January. I have not been on this ship but we did a cruise on the Inspiration a couple months ago. I completely agree with it being a little overwhelming not knowing what room we will be married in. The Imagination has the Shangri-La Lounge that seems like it would be preferable. It's mostly natural wood tones so we like that. We decided on a nautical color scheme of royal blue, aqua and white. There is a really good wedding video on youtube of a couple who were married on this boat. I;ve watched it like 20 times haha.

Yeah. I've seen a few people who've been married on the Imagination in the Shangri-La. As our wedding will be a smaller group, around 40, I'm guessing they would put us in the lounge that is compariable to the shangri-la that's on the Inspiration. Though I already read (or saw) that for smaller groups sometimes they'll put you in the comedy club room which would be preferable. I'm also thinking trying to stay neutral in our colors. Maybe like white, tan, and blush? Or possibly doing gray. What's your guest list look like?

Our guest list has grown to almost 75 people but i'm sure not everyone we invite will be able to make it. So far, we have 25 sailing guests (mostly my imediate family). The lounge in the back of the inspiration is really cute! Its the candlelight lounge and has hundreds of fake off white candles. When we were originally planning on getting married on that boat that was the only room my FH was comfortable with. We decided to go with the imagination becuase the dates worked a little better for us and it ended up being a little more affordable for our sailing guests. Neutral colors are always safe! We are planning on a lot of white and little accents of royal and aqua but my bridesmaids will be in royal blue dresses. I'm getting so excited! 310 days to go!:p

Were getting married on the Inspiration in September and have done a site inspection where we got to go on the ship with a wedding party to see how everything is set up. We were told that we could request a particular lounge and they would do their best to accommodate our request.

Honestly we just picked our colors based on what we wanted without taking into consideration the space we will be married in. I really wanted navy and gold accents, so it worked out well that the Candlelight Lounge has a beautiful gold curtain that should make navy blue bridesmaids dresses pop.

Based on our wedding size (140 invited, we currently have 45 sailing guests and 17 non-sailing guests RSVP'd and we just sent out invitations 2 weeks ago) the Candlelight Lounge and the main theater are our only options for the ceremony, so those are the only ceremony spaces we were shown. We were told thay reception space depends on whether you reserve the DJ or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app