Private tour with snuba

Bettyboop66

My DH and I will be cruising from LA to Hawaii in November on the Ruby Princess and we're interested in trying Snuba. We've done snorkeling on past cruises but have never been able to give this a try. Our ship doesn't offer this as an excursion so I'm looking for any recommendations of private companies that any of you may have experience with. Thanks in advance for any help.

I haven't used this company (and haven't tried Snuba) but we really enjoy shore snorkelling in Maui, so I'm sure you'd get to see some great coral and sea life via Snuba: http://shorelinesnuba.com/maui/

Also check out the Tripadvisor reviews to read feedback from others who have used them. (There's a link at the bottom of their home page.)

The west Maui location is convenient to Lahaina...about a 10 minute/$15.00 taxi ride.)

• 3 weeks later...

Live on Oahu. Got a groupon for snuba. Had to try it, it looks like soooo much fun. Had a great time because we were with family and all in a good mood. But snuba, at least the one we did, sucks!

Got some really cool pics. Everyone that sees them thinks we had an amazing time. But the pics are deceiving. No way to tell that the scooters are SLOW. Fish only come around because you have a bag of bait on your snooter.

They took us out to an area with absolutely nothing to look at. Those of us that did round 1 were ok. But they spray disinfectent in the helmets between people - a great practice. However, that meant that those in round 2 breathed fumes the whole time. Made 2 of us actually feed the fishes their lunch, and i had to get out early before it got too bad for me to handle. Swimming with mask and snorkel was MUCH better.

Take a snorkel excursion to "Turtle Canyon". I promise you'll enjoy it much more.

Live on Oahu. Got a groupon for snuba. Had to try it, it looks like soooo much fun. Had a great time because we were with family and all in a good mood. But snuba, at least the one we did, sucks!

Got some really cool pics. Everyone that sees them thinks we had an amazing time. But the pics are deceiving. No way to tell that the scooters are SLOW. Fish only come around because you have a bag of bait on your snooter.

They took us out to an area with absolutely nothing to look at. Those of us that did round 1 were ok. But they spray disinfectent in the helmets between people - a great practice. However, that meant that those in round 2 breathed fumes the whole time. Made 2 of us actually feed the fishes their lunch, and i had to get out early before it got too bad for me to handle. Swimming with mask and snorkel was MUCH better.

Take a snorkel excursion to "Turtle Canyon". I promise you'll enjoy it much more.

Thanks you so much!! I usually have a bad reaction to strong cleaning smells so I feel like this would have been awful. We will look into Turtle Canyon and see what we can do. We have been snorkeling other places and love it. Thanks again!!!!!