Are there designer handbag outlets in in DR?

cruisinqt

A few years back while shopping in Belize we found designer handbag outlet stores that sold them at a fraction of what they cost in department stores. :D Since then this has become a tradition for me and my daughters when we cruise. We always look for cheap designer purses. Is there anyplace like this I here? We dock in La Romana.

As I just responded on the Curacao board, why not check the websites of the brand in which you're interested?

I've purchased deeply-discounted Coach bags in Old San Juan.

I'll be in the ports you listed at the end of November, but plan to do any shopping on 11/1 when I'm in San Juan again. I don't really cruise to shop and don't specifically look for the stores, but I already knew where the store was in OSJ.

Just be careful to NOT purchase the counterfeit bags that you find in some of the straw markets. Please only purchase the real thing.

Just be careful to NOT purchase the counterfeit bags that you find in some of the straw markets. Please only purchase the real thing.

Just curious as to your perspective on this. My wife purchased a MK bag from a market in St Thomas last year and has been extremely pleased with it. It has been very durable and she has gotten many complements on it - but we paid $45 for it so I have generally thought it to be a fake. Given our experience, I would not be opposed to making a similar purchase.

I am interested in your point of view on this.