Ventura cruise N405A flight delay

Mermaid5

Thanks folks, much appreciated. I was wondering if they were trying to come up with an excuse before they pay any more people or if my wording wasn't exactly as required. I will keep you posted .

I think they have exhausted their excuses now. They have tried technical issues and tried to rule out claims over 2 years old. Both have now been heard and lost. In light of the publicity surrounding the recent cases Im sure they are overwhelmed. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Hi to all who 've posted replies in this thread. I have today banked a cheque from Thomson for the sterling equivelent of 600 euros each for my husband and self in compensation for the delay . I also know of one other couple (who were on the Friday flight to the Ventura from Birmingham ) who have recieved the same amount. :) Thomson admitted that our complaint fell within the provisions of the Euro ruling covering compensation.

I assume some of you have recieved the same amounts -if not hang on in there and continue pursuing your case . Good luck. thanks for all the earlier posts . It will be interesting to know if any of you have had replies by now .

we were late applying . rang thomson who advised to send them an email, which I did on april 22nd. Received reply saying it would take 28 days to look into. 28 days later with no reply I rang again and was told it would take 56 days to sort. I rang again after 56 days and was told they had no record of my email so I sent it again and received a reply saying they were out of the office. I rang again today and was on the phone for 30 mins waiting to speak to someone before giving up. I will continue to pursue this now I know some of you have received your compensation. I was on the Friday flight with 8 hours delay.

we were late applying . rang thomson who advised to send them an email, which I did on april 22nd. Received reply saying it would take 28 days to look into. 28 days later with no reply I rang again and was told it would take 56 days to sort. I rang again after 56 days and was told they had no record of my email so I sent it again and received a reply saying they were out of the office. I rang again today and was on the phone for 30 mins waiting to speak to someone before giving up. I will continue to pursue this now I know some of you have received your compensation. I was on the Friday flight with 8 hours delay.

Hi amcymru! don't give up !As they seem to not be acknowledging your requests I suggest you send a letter by recorded delivery (and copies -not originals of the relevant documents)so that they cannot deny receipt. I know this will cost more than an e mail but it will show them you are not being messed about!

State all the previous times you have tried to contact them and say this is completely unacceptable behaviour for such a 'reputable' company.Send the template letter from the CAA site or Which Magazine or Moneysavingexpert (properly amended to reflect your circumstances) and tell them you will take matter to court if satisfactory response not received within 14 days. You could add to the template letter that you are aware that several others on the two flights involved have been compensated ..... that should be sufficient to get them to ring you !!! Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you to all of you who have helped and advised us with the claim for our 8 hour delayed flight. After the first refusal from thomsons and hearing that others on here have received compensation. We sent the template letter once again with the additional information telling them that others have been paid.

We have again received a smarmy letter telling us that thomsons do not compensate for flight delays!!!! They say the cost should be claimed back through our insurance company!!!

They thank me for my feedback and assure me they are not complacent.

Is anyone still interested enough to help me with a strongly worded email or can give me the name of a no win no fee company who will take this up on my behalf?

I thank you all for your input on this and to those who have received the compensation cheque, well done for beating this airline into submission. I intend to fight this now, even if I don't get a penny. Would any of you be prepared to give me your details to pass on to thomsons to proove I know you have been paid? I do understand if you don't wish to do this.

Thank you to all of you who have helped and advised us with the claim for our 8 hour delayed flight. After the first refusal from thomsons and hearing that others on here have received compensation. We sent the template letter once again with the additional information telling them that others have been paid.

We have again received a smarmy letter telling us that thomsons do not compensate for flight delays!!!! They say the cost should be claimed back through our insurance company!!!

Is anyone still interested enough to help me with a strongly worded email or can give me the name of a no win no fee company who will take this up on my behalf?

I thank you all for your input on this and to those who have received the compensation cheque, well done for beating this airline into submission. I intend to fight this now, even if I don't get a penny. Would any of you be prepared to give me your details to pass on to thomsons to proove I know you have been paid? I do understand if you don't wish to do this.

I'm waiting for a reply to my 2nd letter which I sent about a month ago. I have thought about a "no win no fee" company. My delay wasn't on this flight. I also intend to claim for an 8 hour delay coming back from Spain in 2009.

I have filed my claim with Bott & Co. Just waiting for them to agree to take my case. My claim is for my flight delayed for 7 hours out of Gatwick to Jamaica back in April. I was on the ship when the Birmingham flight was delayed. I can still remember the passengers lugging their hand luggage around waiting for their flight to be called.

hi Jay -pil , so sorry to hear that Thomson are trying to dodge this now. I suspect it may be because they have had a flood gate open!

I can only suggest that you write again to them pointing out

1) that they know full well that no insurance will cover for delays under 12 hiours .

2) that as they are well aware the delay was due to a 'knock on effect' of delays on previous flights and that the court ruling Easy -Jet v Jager clearly says that passengers on other flights should not be affected by the company having a 'tight turn around' policy

3) you therefore find their present stance totally unacceptable and unless you recieve satisfactory compensation within 14 days you will be taking the matter to court.

Reiterate that you are well aware of fellow passengers on both the Friday and saturday flights whom they have compensated and that as a result of their cynically trying to avoid paying out compensation to you, as dictated by european law courts, you are reporting them to the CAA - send a copy of your letter to CAA in any event- plus copies of all previous correspondence between you and thomson .

additionally tell them you have written to P&O advising them of the totally cavalier way Thomson have treated you and telling them that whilst P&O continue to charter Thomson to their ships you will not be cruising with them!

hopefully that will do the trick . if not Bott and Co seem to be the ones who get results - google them .

Good Luck

Hi, so sorry to hear that they won't pay you. We were on the Saturday flight,as they have paid us it is not true that Thomsons don't pay so still pursue it with them. Ask if your claim has been to the legal team,also we were told that every time an email was sent they had to look into the matter again so I would keep trying.

What they are telling you is rubbish that they hope some will accept.

If you dont want to fight it yourself try Bott & Co:

http://www.bottonline.co.uk/compensation/airline-flight-delay-claims/?gclid=CjwKEAjw9qafBRCRiYrL4-fpuFkSJACvocQ1jUU5cqJGcl-jcn7KvkXNsmPf164TSufeBaHw2YY1WxoCbMHw_wcB

Our friends were successful with minimal input in terms of their time.

We have discovered that our home insurance has a legal department and we contacted them today to ask if we would be covered to persue such a claim, especially in light of the fact that other people on the same flight have received compensation. They seemed to think we would be covered and someone will phone us back within the next 3 days. So fingers crossed we may get somewhere with this eventually. Many thanks for everyones input.

I have filed my claim with Bott & Co. Just waiting for them to agree to take my case. My claim is for my flight delayed for 7 hours out of Gatwick to Jamaica back in April. I was on the ship when the Birmingham flight was delayed. I can still remember the passengers lugging their hand luggage around waiting for their flight to be called.

I've just received an email from the CAA informing me that my claim for my delayed flight to Jamaica was valid and that Thomson has agreed to pay me and my wife compensation. I had only given Bott & Co the go ahead to fight my claim yesterday, fortunately they agreed this morning to close my file at no cost :-)

To say I'm pleased would be an understatement.

It just goes to prove that you must not give up, Thomson had rejected my claim 3 times before caving into the CAA.

Terry

I've just received an email from the CAA informing me that my claim for my delayed flight to Jamaica was valid and that Thomson has agreed to pay me and my wife compensation. I had only given Bott & Co the go ahead to fight my claim yesterday, fortunately they agreed this morning to close my file at no cost :-)

To say I'm pleased would be an understatement.

It just goes to prove that you must not give up, Thomson had rejected my claim 3 times before caving into the CAA.

Terry

Well done !!

What did they originally say was the reason for the delay?

David

Well done !!

What did they originally say was the reason for the delay?

David

The first letter from them stated a technical fault on a previous flight. As the fault was not a result of of poor maintenance and could not be predicicted it is therefore classed as an extraordinary circumstance.

The second rejection letter stated the flight was grounded due to an issue with the cabin interphone system.

The third letter stated the delay was down to a reactionary response to a battery issue.

They stated all three reasons were "extraordinary circumstances".

The first letter from them stated a technical fault on a previous flight. As the fault was not a result of of poor maintenance and could not be predicicted it is therefore classed as an extraordinary circumstance.

The second rejection letter stated the flight was grounded due to an issue with the cabin interphone system.

The third letter stated the delay was down to a reactionary response to a battery issue.

They stated all three reasons were "extraordinary circumstances".

Thanks very much for your reply. I got the first reply that you had in both my letters from them. That sounds promising for me then. I also intend to claim for a delay from Alicante to Doncaster in 2010 when we were delayed by 6 1/2 hours and we also had two dogs and two cats travelling in the hold. At great expense I might add. That was stressful. Thanks again.

David

Hi David, have you escalated your claim to the CAA? They appear to have come up trumps for me. It was very easy, just go onto their website to make your claim. One thing, they are very busy so it does take sometime for them to investigate your claim.

Terry

Reading the success stories on here makes me even more determined to peruse this for as long as it takes . We are still waiting for a call back from the home insurance, if that is negative, we will try the CAA. We are in no hurry and they are not going to get away with the sarcasm they put in the last letter 'Thomson does not pay out on delayed flights, sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear'. If and when I get that cheque, I will take great delight in making them eat their words. This fight is all the more important to us as my husband has cancer and we paid to upgrade our seats and for the air port lounge which we were of course made to leave after a few hours, the vouchers were useless as we had already paid for food and drink with the upgrade, the whole flight had to be endured with no lights or in flight entertainment and as a result of this my husband does not feel up to any future long haul flights. Thanks for nothing Thomsons you haven't heard the last from us!

Interesting, similar happened to us in 2011 flying out to Acapulco - 8 hour delay at Manchester due to Thomson 'not having a crew available' (actually given out over the tannoy). We are among the 1000's who have put in a claim against Thomson. If you have the time and passion then write and threaten to sue them yourself as you are covered under current EU legislation. We were out by 3 years on our claim but Thomson have been ordered to follow EU rules (7 years) precedent over UK legislation. However we used a nowinnofee solicitor (Bott & Co) ok if we get a payout we lose 25% but worth the cost, they keep you posted. Give em a try. Good luck

Reading the success stories on here makes me even more determined to peruse this for as long as it takes . We are still waiting for a call back from the home insurance, if that is negative, we will try the CAA. We are in no hurry and they are not going to get away with the sarcasm they put in the last letter 'Thomson does not pay out on delayed flights, sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear'. If and when I get that cheque, I will take great delight in making them eat their words. This fight is all the more important to us as my husband has cancer and we paid to upgrade our seats and for the air port lounge which we were of course made to leave after a few hours, the vouchers were useless as we had already paid for food and drink with the upgrade, the whole flight had to be endured with no lights or in flight entertainment and as a result of this my husband does not feel up to any future long haul flights. Thanks for nothing Thomsons you haven't heard the last from us!

You dont need your home insurance to claim. Contact a no win no fee solicitor such as Bott and Co and let them get the compensation for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Jay - pil Any news yet? keeping fingers crossed for you .