1st P and O cruise

Bogof1

Hi, this is our first cruise with 8 yr old grandson. We have only sailed Princess as a couple so would welcome any hints, tips sailing with an 8 yr old. We will be on the Ventura May 2015 on a 4 night cruise break. I know the layout of the ship is like the Crown Princess but how different is P and O to Princess cruise lines. We have a balcony cabin on C deck....likewise any info welcome. thank you

Hi, this is our first cruise with 8 yr old grandson. We have only sailed Princess as a couple so would welcome any hints, tips sailing with an 8 yr old. We will be on the Ventura May 2015 on a 4 night cruise break. I know the layout of the ship is like the Crown Princess but how different is P and O to Princess cruise lines. We have a balcony cabin on C deck....likewise any info welcome. thank you

Good cabin choice although that depends upon itinerary and weather.

As for the rest of your questions, just go without any preconceived ideas from anyone here and decide for yourselves.

You want to enjoy yourselves I assume, if so, you will.

A fairly similar feel to the cruise, other than P&O staff are not as mixed nationality as Princess, the food menus are a bit more varied to US tastes, P&O being more like typical Uk Hotel type menus.

Beef quality was also far better on Princess.

Much better entertainment on P&O and less public announcements ,eg table top sales and the like.

Thank you. Yes we've cruised before and yes any cruise is a good cruise . We have no preconceived ideas, just love cruising

I'll just mention an area in which P&O beat Princess, at least for those of us from the UK. In cabin tea and coffee making facilities.

I could give you lots of other comparisons but the problem I have is, I don't want to influence you such that you go on board with my views in the back of your mind because your requirements might be quite different to mine.

Once you're back and, perhaps, post a review, then we could compare our views.

Turbo fun thank you.. We have done 3 princess cruises and am looking forward to kettles etc in room. However i would appreciate comparisons . I am open to people's views and am gonna embrace this cruise whatever may be! No cruise is a bad cruise i just can't wait lol :)

Hi - The best advice I can give you is to take your grandson along to the family meeting to meet the kids club staff. Not been on a four day cruise before but normally there is a meeting on board usually after lifeboat drill . When you get in you cabin there should be info about this giving times and location. This meeting explains all about the kids clubs which are amazing. My dd always loves them - we always take her on the first night so she can make new friends. There is Kids tea every night in the buffet between 5 and 6 pm or you can eat with your grandson in the main dining room if you prefer. All the swimming pools are deep so make sure you take armbands if your grandson is not a confident swimmer.

Once your grandson has settled into kids club - you will only have one problem - getting him out again lol!!!!! Hope you have a great cruise.

Sue