Balmoral cabin 5169

wilson2579

Just to let anyone know who has booked this cabin or in this area, there is a loud shuddering and vibration when slowing down and coming into dock. Some mornings it lasted nearly 90 minutes. When sailing up the solent I had to remove the tea tray and cups as I thought they were going to fall off the table and smash.:(

Thanks Parsman but it also shuddered and vibrated all the way up all the rivers into Belfast, Liverpool and back into Southampton, for over an hour every time and it wasn't something you would have been able to sleep through. Hey ho, didn't need an alarm;) We certainly knew when we had docked.:)

On the positive, it was a thoroughly good cruise and for what we paid we shouldn't complain. Just wouldn't want to be in this cabin for a long cruise.

As we always like to get up and join everyboy else out on deck to watch the docking this has never bothered us. Try doing just that, some places even put some entertainment on - use it as an alarm clock.

Exactly what I normally do, as I love to see the ship dock, but we started shuddering before 4 am approaching the solent. Now I am an early morning riser, especially on holiday and have been known to be up at 6 am,even 5.30 but 4 am is just a little early for me.:(

Archived