lisbon private tours

• 4 weeks later...

Totally 100% recommend We Hate Tourism Tours in Lisbon. They are absolutely awesome! Customer service via email quick, easy and friendly. I booked their Pirates Of The Cruise Ships tour which is a full day and was the highlight of our cruise back in October. Although we had a minivan we had it all to ourselves (Just me and Mom). Our tour guide Marco was so lovely and really knowledgeable and you can tell he loves his city. They will keep you away from the tourist traps and basically treat you like you were a long lost friend visiting the city. Pick up was prompt at 0830 and dropped off back at the ship just after 1600. My Mom is a senior with a little walking difficulty but this was no problem for company. Price included lunch too with wine. Simple but excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to use this company again next time I visit Lisbon and I gave them an excellent 5* review on TripAdvisor too.

This is the tour. Don't miss out! http://www.wehatetourismtours.com/lisbon/lisbon-tours/pirates-of-the-cruise-ships

Melissa

wondering if someone can answer this question?

All of the walking tours start at a central city location. I've emailed one of the tour companies about how to get to that location from the ship as I am looking at organizing a group for the tour and they told me by taxi or public transportation....wondering if the cruise ships offer shuttles to city center? We'll be on Equinox and I know that in some ports this is available?

Suggestions???;)

wondering if someone can answer this question?

All of the walking tours start at a central city location. I've emailed one of the tour companies about how to get to that location from the ship as I am looking at organizing a group for the tour and they told me by taxi or public transportation....wondering if the cruise ships offer shuttles to city center? We'll be on Equinox and I know that in some ports this is available?

Suggestions???;)

Princess didn't, I don't know about Celebrity. Maybe try posting the question on Celebrity boards? There were tons of taxis waiting at the cruise terminal in Lisbon. Maybe just grab the first few to get your group to town. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

We spent 6 days in Lisbon this past October prior to our cruise. We had an incredible trip.

We spent 3 days with Alex of Top Ten Tours, the company was wonderful to deal with and Alex was amazing. I would recommend to anyone wanting to make the most of their time in Lisbon.

We found Taxi's in Lisbon very affordable (cheaper and faster than public transportation), once you get away from the airport and cruise terminal (just cross the street). Do beware of pick pockets on the trams...one in our party had his wallet stolen, because he thought he would know if someone tried to pickpocket him:rolleyes: We did get it back by making a big fuss.

For prearranged transfers between the airport and cruise terminal, I would recommend Pedro with Lisbon Taxis, we were a party of 6 all arriving and departing at different times and it was a great comfort for me to have someone waiting at the airport. They also have larger vehicles to accommodate families or groups.

We immensely enjoyed the people and food in Lisbon and would love to return someday.

Having surfed and found Bike My Side and then read the great reviews I thought I'd give it a go with my boyfriend. I have been to Lisbon several times before on business and never seen much of the city or felt it was a place to return to. Having done the half day tour I now think Lisbon is a beautiful, old and relaxing city with great architecture, hidden gems and a place I would return to again.

and the movie

We loved Daniel, too. My husband rode in the sidecar and I rode behind Daniel. Unique experience.

Edited by roothy123