Geneve Bay

We will be in St. Maarten mid January and we were looking at walking to Geneve Bay/Back Bay. Looks like there is a trail and cool natural swimming pools. Anyone ever gone there...walked there from the cruise port??

I have not done the hike but I heard that there is an access from Guana Bay and the trail is rugged and along the coast. Tri sport offers a hike along this trail.

About 5 years ago my cruising partner and I took a taxi to Guana Bay and hiked the trail. It was our intention to hike the entire trail and then walk back to the ship. After we got past Geneve Bay, we turned around because we got too close to the edge of a large drop off. I'm not sure what happened but maybe we got off the trail. It was definitely too dangerous to continue forward. As I said we turned around and went back to Guana Bay. Of course there was no taxis at Guana Bay so we walked back to the ship on the roads. It was a very long walk back. The hike on the trail was beautiful and we had it all to ourselves. It was safe and not too difficult until we got to that drop off point. We are going back to St Maarten in February and I want to attempt the same you want to do this time. Please let me know if you go and how it went.

There is a working port area after the turnoff for the cruiseship pier and up in the hills facing the Atlantic there are houses scattered. I think that someone would have posted if there was an easily accessible hike along the Atlantic coast that a cruiser could easily walk to. I have never read that on here or on any site that details the various hikes on the island.