Breastmilk Policy DCL Nursery

Puppyluv1526

Hi Everyone

I see many posts discussing breastfeeding, but I was wondering if anyone knows DCL's specific policy on how long a pumped bottle of milk is good staying out in the It's a Small World Nursery? When I called DCL they could not answer the question. For example, daycare usually discards any milk not finished from the bottle after an hour, where as in the NICU where I work, breastmilk is considered good staying out up to 4 hours. My 11 month old likes to have 1/2 ounce here, and ounce there, and finishes a 2 ounce bottle in anywhere to a few minutes to a few hours. I am only planning on putting him in the nursery for a few hours while we go to the nightly show, but that is around his bedtime. He likes to lay down with his bottle and hold it. I'm sure he is going to be fussy and stressed with the change in routine, so I just want him to be as comfortable as possible and get to keep his milk out. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I had a nursling on a Disney ship a while back. Granted it wasn't recently, but I just wanted to say they totally understood the effort it took to make that bottle and were respectful of that. As far as I know, no milk was discarded. You could split the bottles into one ounce bottles too.

Edited by bobbie0253