Best Advice for Atlantis in December

cruisingwiththe family

We are cruising over Christmas and will be in Nassau for one day. I have not taken the children (12 and 9) to Atlantis before. Need advice on whether or not it is worth going to Atlantis in December. I am getting differing opinions...how much of it is heated? I know some places are not heated and the temperature looks to be about 78 during the day. Help!

We are cruising over Christmas and will be in Nassau for one day. I have not taken the children (12 and 9) to Atlantis before. Need advice on whether or not it is worth going to Atlantis in December. I am getting differing opinions...how much of it is heated? I know some places are not heated and the temperature looks to be about 78 during the day. Help!

First off, let me say that this is the heaviest and most crowded week of the year, and passes may be restricted. Lines will be long and lounges will be hard to find.

As far as things being heated, I'm assuming you mean pools (as nothing else is heated in the bahamas). There are a couple of pools that are mildly heated, but the problem is more getting out of the pool than being in them. The air can be cool in the winter months making it a bit chilly.

Water temps during this season run around 70 degrees. So you can't stay in the water for long.

78 degrees is pretty hot..... "room temp". is 72!

Winter weather can change quickly. Last season there were days it was mid 60's around the holiday. Not exactly a beach day/ OR you can have gorgeous weather. Just too soon to tell.

As for water temps, when the kids lips turn blue, it's time to get out. Pool or ocean.