Ship time vs island time in March

kasil

When Freedom leaves Port Canaveral next March 6th, Florida will be on EST. When she arrives at St Thomas, the island will be on AST. So if it is 12:00 on the ship, will it be 1:00 on the island? I'm trying to plan a private excursion and I keep confusing myself. :o Thanks. And will if be the same for St Maartin, also on AST?

• 1 month later...
When Freedom leaves Port Canaveral next March 6th, Florida will be on EST. When she arrives at St Thomas, the island will be on AST. So if it is 12:00 on the ship, will it be 1:00 on the island? I'm trying to plan a private excursion and I keep confusing myself. :o Thanks. And will if be the same for St Maartin, also on AST?

I don't have an answer, but we have the same question for Allure on March 30!!:eek:

• 2 months later...

You are correct you'll have to go an hour ahead but sometimes the ships stay on EST just check when you get on the ship. All cruise's we've been on the went to AST. Now if you were going a week later we spring ahead and they stay at the same time all the time. So you'd be on their time. Have a great vacation.