Brisbane - One night

skandls

Hi all - I hope you can help me with this. We have one night post land tour in Brisbane (we booked air with miles). I have been checking and realize the extra night will cost quite a lot with transit to and from the airport. I would like to stay in an area with some night life - we are 'old people' and I like blues music and rock and roll. We will be there on a Sat night so all venues should be open. Any suggestions about Brisbane and the areas near by would be appreciated. We could also stay by the airport and take taxis or the rail line into town.

Edited by skandls

Hi all - I hope you can help me with this. We have one night post land tour in Brisbane (we booked air with miles). I have been checking and realize the extra night will cost quite a lot with transit to and from the airport. I would like to stay in an area with some night life - we are 'old people' and I like blues music and rock and roll. We will be there on a Sat night so all venues should be open. Any suggestions about Brisbane and the areas near by would be appreciated. We could also stay by the airport and take taxis or the rail line into town.

You will have to go into the city for any nightlife... staying near the airport is like any other city...somewhat dull.

Don't go to Fortitude Valley ...aka "the valley" its a bit rough and ready there, although it has plenty of "nightlife"

You could go across to Southbank...there are a number of fine hotels there, plenty of eateries and sights to see. Not sure about the R&R, although one of the watering holes does have Karioki.(sic)

My best suggestion would be to catch the train into central station in the city and book into the Sofitel, which is actually built over the station. There are several places to enjoy yourselves within the precinct and if you go down to the Ann St level there is (or at least was) a place that puts on live bands that play good old fashioned R&R music. Others may correct me if things have changed.

In any event at the Sofitel you would also have access to whatever else is on and jumping within the CBD.

cheers

So we can stay in the business district and have access (taxi or public bus) to some night life. Fortitude Valley is 'iffy' because night life is xxx rated and maybe higher crime issues. I would rather not stay by the airport - so hotels with food and fun in walking distance would be great.

Skandls :) welcome.

What dates are you looking at?

Southbank area often has good live music. Relatively safe too!

Or anywhere like eat street makers (one at west end & another at the pier where the ship comes in) have decent music.

What terminal are you sailing out of?

Cheers.

We will be there Sat Nov 8 - not on a cruise. We are on a land tour. I will study the website you sent. Looks like great choices. Because we are flying the next day to LAX I am hoping to find some fun stuff to keep us up late so we have a chance to sleep on the plane. Leave Brisbane at 11am and arrive Los Angeles at 7am.

We are so looking forward to seeing some of your great country. That is why we are land tour and not cruise. Can't see the Outback from the coast.