RCL's Family Fun Hour

InsideCruiser

Looking through a recent compass for the 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean cruise on the Explorer.

Our kids are 6, 7, and 9.

Some of the days have family activities planned for 5:30.

Day 3 - Family GagaBall

Day 4 - Family Crazy Tag

Day 6 - Family Fun Hour

Day 7 - Family Scavenger Hunt

Day 8 - Family Scrapbooking

Seems like a strange time for a family hour. Wouldn't most families with young kids have early dining @ 6:00?

Amy experience with these activities? Are they worth planning dinner around? We are MTD.

Thanks,

IC

Looking through a recent compass for the 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean cruise on the Explorer.

Our kids are 6, 7, and 9.

Some of the days have family activities planned for 5:30.

Day 3 - Family GagaBall

Day 4 - Family Crazy Tag

Day 6 - Family Fun Hour

Day 7 - Family Scavenger Hunt

Day 8 - Family Scrapbooking

Seems like a strange time for a family hour. Wouldn't most families with young kids have early dining @ 6:00?

Amy experience with these activities? Are they worth planning dinner around? We are MTD.

Thanks,

IC

We completely missed these on our last cruise, but they could be planned for when the club is closed (between 5-7pm). But you are right, it would completely mess with early sitting and MFTD, which is scheduled for early sitting too. But, we may definitely try to do some of these on our next trip. They sound fun. Our son will be 5, so he might enjoy these kinds of activities. We will have MTD this next cruise, so could plan around that.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes they have to be when the club is closed because they use that space. I think as many families use My Time as have early seating now, so that makes it more manageable, or they might eat elsewhere that night, feed kids in WJ before 7pm club drop off..... We've done the scavenger hunt: super fun and we won silver medals that the kids still have. It doesn't have to be all-or-nothing either. You can go only to the nights you're interested in. Your 5yo might not like scrapbooking, but my 10yo will; my 12yo won't like crazy tag but your 5yo might.

Yes they have to be when the club is closed because they use that space. I think as many families use My Time as have early seating now, so that makes it more manageable, or they might eat elsewhere that night, feed kids in WJ before 7pm club drop off..... We've done the scavenger hunt: super fun and we won silver medals that the kids still have. It doesn't have to be all-or-nothing either. You can go only to the nights you're interested in. Your 5yo might not like scrapbooking, but my 10yo will; my 12yo won't like crazy tag but your 5yo might.

LOL...yes, I cannot see him sitting through scrap booking either, but the scavenger hunt and tag, he might like. He hated MDR last cruise, so we mostly ate in WJ - so, that is definitely an option for us. Also, we might just feed him at WJ, drop him off, and then go the MDR or specialty dinning ourselves.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks, we booked dinner for 7:00 on those nights and we'll check out the family fun hours.

We'll stop by the Family Farewell Disco at 7:30 in the Chamber on the last night as well.