How was your experience with chase sapphire preferred travel insurance?

ginger123snaps

Just wondering for those of you who have this credit card.....

1. If you have had to file a claim...how did it go?

2. Do you buy additional insurance to cover anything else?

Considering switching to this credit card for its travel benefits but want to make sure its worth it first.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Chase card but thankfully have never had to file a claim. I do buy medical ins (annual) which is Geoblu as medical is not covered with Chase. In addition, I purchase an annual Medjet assist policy because I want to have control as to where I am treated if anything real serious happen. Both annual policies for my husband and I cost about $800 for the year-- a lot less than ind ins policies bought for just 1 very expensive trip.

• 1 month later...

We made a small claim for delayed luggage...only about $300 between the two of us. Very easy to claim...payment came within a few weeks. This was for Chase Explorer card which has similar benefits as the Sapphire ( we have both cards).

We purchase travel medical because the Chase cards do not provide medical benefits. We also view the CC benefits as nice to have, not need to have, as we are willing to underwrite cancellation losses ourselves. In other words, if we didn't have a credit card with these benefits, we probably wouldn't bother buying cancellation, but we feel medical is necessary.

Edited by buggins0402