Two Day Shore Excursion Paris

pdx13

We will be stopping for two days in Paris. Since it is my spouse's first trip to Paris we would like to visit the Louvre, but will probably spend the remainder of our time at attractions other than museums. I am assuming that the prudent thing to do is just purchase Louvre tickets ahead rather than a museum pass. I am thinking we can do the other highlights ourselves, but we may purchase a Louvre tour to ensure we get the most out of the very limited time we will have there. Would be interested in hearing from those who have taken Louvre tours.

A two-day Museum Pass is around $46. A guided Louvre tour is around $60. The Pass makes more sense if you know what you want to see in the Louvre and really don't want a tour. The masterpieces are in the Denon wing and a good plan will get you through those in 2-3 hours.

You should decide how you really want to spend your time in Paris and then make the decision. The Pass also includes the Orsay and many other places. That's something to take into consideration, along with things that aren't included such as walking tours, a Seine River cruise, the Opera, stores, etc. Have fun.

A two-day Museum Pass is around $46. A guided Louvre tour is around $60. The Pass makes more sense if you know what you want to see in the Louvre and really don't want a tour. The masterpieces are in the Denon wing and a good plan will get you through those in 2-3 hours.

You should decide how you really want to spend your time in Paris and then make the decision. The Pass also includes the Orsay and many other places. That's something to take into consideration, along with things that aren't included such as walking tours, a Seine River cruise, the Opera, stores, etc. Have fun.

I suppose a tour is not necessary for the Louvre if we do our homework and have a plan for what we wish to see. Thanks for the advice; sounds like the museum pass is the way to go.

I suppose a tour is not necessary for the Louvre if we do our homework and have a plan for what we wish to see. Thanks for the advice; sounds like the museum pass is the way to go.

Please think of the tour as more than hiring a navigator. When we've taken guided tours at museums, we've benefitted from the knowledge of the guide about the art itself.

Please think of the tour as more than hiring a navigator. When we've taken guided tours at museums, we've benefitted from the knowledge of the guide about the art itself.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who has done the guided tour of the Louvres. I agree with you in general, guides usual add so much value to the experience. Anyone know what perks you get for doing this?