walking of ship in Santa Barbara

I would like to know in Santa Barbara if you just take the tender into Santa Barbara what things can I do with out booking a shore tour. The tour I wanted to do is sold out. I tried to do a food tour there but the company in another thread is not operating then. It is an old thread

My wife and I will be in Santa Barbara at the end of April. Once we tender in to the city, we will tour the city by ourself going to the fig tree, mission and courthouse.

On the way back we will visit Sterns wharf. From the web sites I have looked at there should be lots to see in Santa Barbara.

Greg

This is what we did on our 2013 visit:

Santa Barbara

We took the $.50 shuttle ($.25 if you're 62+) to the top of State St. and took the $1.75 #11 bus to Pueblo St. and walked the 4 blocks to the Old Mission. We then walked around the block to the Museum of Natural Science. It reminded me of those old museums I used to visit with my school as the displays were mainly taxidermy. We headed back to town and spent some time tasting on the "Urban Wine Trail". As the shuttles were packed with cruisers, we walked back to the ship. If you want to take the shuttle back to the ship, catch it on it's way up State St. as it will be full coming down State St..

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to know in Santa Barbara if you just take the tender into Santa Barbara what things can I do with out booking a shore tour. The tour I wanted to do is sold out. I tried to do a food tour there but the company in another thread is not operating then. It is an old thread

I just booked a food tour with this company. They didn't offer a tour on the date we are in town, but I e-mailed them and they added one. Will be our first time, but the reviews are good. http://tastesantabarbarafoodtours.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from cruise. In Santa Barbara we rented car ( Enterprise), went to Mission, S. Ynez valley ( visited 3 wineries) and Solvang, came back to Enterprise location, they gave us free shuttle back to ship.

Rent was $60 ( incl insurance) plus $12 cost of gasoline.

Edited by kurgan

• 2 weeks later...
This is what we did on our 2013 visit:

Santa Barbara

We took the $.50 shuttle ($.25 if you're 62+) to the top of State St. and took the $1.75 #11 bus to Pueblo St. We headed back to town and spent some time tasting on the "Urban Wine Trail". As the shuttles were packed with cruisers, we walked back to the ship. If you want to take the shuttle back to the ship, catch it on it's way up State St. as it will be full coming down State St..

Thanks for the tips.