ROLL CALL: SAPPHIRE PRINCESS 5/2 - Mexican Riviera

Greg & David

• 2 weeks later...

That's great news! For a second I was thinking we would be the only ones.

I've been to the Mexican Riviera, but my partner Greg has not. Actually, I worked for Princess Cruises onboard the original Crown Princess back in 1997 and did this run for about 3-4 months. I enjoyed my time so much that I wanted Greg to experience it at least once. Besides, working on a ship and traveling on your own are 2 different things so I'm looking forward to it as well.

Have either of you done this cruise before? Or been on the Sapphire before? This is our first cruise on one of Princess's mega liners and we're looking forward to it. Our others have been on Grand/Golden or smaller.

Hope to see you there!

David & Greg

I always think that we are going to be the only ones on the ship but that has never been the case.

Yes, This is are 3rd time going down the coast. We live in Long Beach,Ca so the ship is about 15min from our house. Nice get-a-way for us. We have been on some of the larger ship the diamond, Star and the Coral. My favorite one is the Coral Princess. My Partner also work on a few ships back in the early 90's as a singer.

Where are you guys from?

All The Best,

Dennis

Oh, great ... I know Long Beach very well and recall good times there. We both have friends that live and work out there and most of my family is in CA. I'm originally from LA (28 years) and Greg is an Air Force brat that calls Memphis home-base. We both live in Dallas, TX now.

OK, so Mark & I will have to share stories about our experiences working on ships - I'm sure that will get some chuckles :rolleyes:

As we've done before, we'll be sure and ask the Cruise Director for a FOD get-together at some point during the cruise. Do you guys attend those?

-David

HI-

Yes, we attend at least the first one and try to go to all. It just depends on the time of day they schedule them. The last cruise they were scheduled around 3pm ( not a very good time) We choose to do play volleyball in the pool instead.

Are you flying in the day of the cruise or coming a day or two head of time?

Dennis

Hey Dennis,

We're flying in that Friday, May 1st - our flight gets in a bit late (at 9:00pm). We're supposed to meet up with friends who will also be taking us to the pier Saturday. Unfortunately is doesn't give us the added time we typically like to enjoy the city.

Because we normally ask the cruise director for a get together, we've made it a point to attend the 1st one. In the past we've met some really great people which is why we end up going to the next scheduled get togethers to hang out and get to know each other better. It's nice. But you're right .. they seem to schedule them at 3pm or later.

Can you guys recommend any good shore excursions? From my experience in the past and with the current list, I'm not sure any of them look all that appealing. Is it just me?

-DG

I know, I looked over the list of shore excursions and was not impressed by any of them. One time in Mazatlan we rented a jeep at the port and did our own thing. another time we meet up with a few of the guys from the FOD meeting and went to a gay part of the beach. I'm not sure where it is I will have to ask Mark. We kind of do our own thing. The first time we went I did a lot of shopping you couldn't move in our suite the last few days of the cruise. Pt Vallarta we just got a taxi and went into the city. Sorry I can not be of more help.

All The Best,

Dennis

No, this is good. It gives me some relief, so thanks. Unlike other port intensive cruises, I'm slowly reaffirming that this is a "lazy cruise" which there is nothing wrong with. It's a great way to enjoy the ship. I figured we'd do the same thing ... In PV: take a bus/taxi into town, shop, eat, come back. Mazatlan: Take a taxi to the Zocalo, shop, eat, come back. Cabo: Maybe some shore excursion to San Jose del Cabo or Todos Santos, and come back to ship (no doubt to eat & tan ;)). Oh well - we're cool with it.

36 days and counting ...

-David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whats going on guys. My partner and I will be on the ship also. We have been on Princess cruises before but have never attended a FOD meeting for various reasons. Great to know we will not be the only gay couple onboard. See ya guys onboard

Archived