Avalon Hotels

gentlemancruiser

In July 2013 Avalon used the Intercontinental in both Budapest and Prague. I wanted the best view in Budapest so I upgraded our room in advance. So glad I did.
I did not upgrade in Prague as the river views aren't as spectacular.
Both hotels were in very good locations and the breakfast buffets were great.
I hired private guides in both cities and we were really pleased with the sites that we visited with the guides.
Please consider making sure that you get tickets for the Parliament building in Budapest. It is not to be missed.
Have a great voyage. Edited by Shebely

I asked Avalon last week this question as we are doing Prague to Budapest in July 2014.
They advised Prague - Hilton Old Town (subject to confirmation 30 days prior) we have booked 2 additional nights prior to start of tour through Avalon. It is possibly slightly dearer than booking hotel direct but we didn't want the hassle of staying 2 nights in one and then 2 nights in another hotel if Avalon changed it. I believe their alternative hotel is the Intercontinental.
Budapest - we decide to book Sofitel Club Rooms with River View for our nights after the cruise. Good reviews and also personal recommendation from 2 people that had been to Budapest in the last 18months.

[quote name='gentlemancruiser']I am trying to find out what hotels Avalon use in Budapest and Prague. The website listed a couple different hotels in Prague, but of course always with the disclaimer 'hotels are subject to change'.[/quote]

It was the Intercontinental in Budapest in August 2012 as well.
Deb