Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - July

bx47

We are a group of several couples all in our early fifties considering the Celebrity Infinity for an Alaska cruise next July. It's roundtrip from Vancouver. The itinerary lists Hubbard Glacier for 2 hours. Our concern is that it's not enough time and we might be disappointed. We have all cruised Celebrity several times before but this will be our first to Alaska. We're looking for comments relative to the itinerary. Maybe we should be considering another ship. Possibly switch to a oneway cruise instead. Comments appreciated. Thanks

Honestly it was enough time. At the point where we were closest to the glacier, we were there honestly about 45 minutes while the ship did one 360 rotation. Then it did a 180 and headed out the way it came in.

You do not actually get off of the ship so it does not matter how long you stay. The time is more than enough for taking pictures. I will give you a hint and let you know that the outdoor deck on Deck 4 was much less crowded than on Deck 12 and the pictures came out just as stunning.

My opinion only but I never would consider a one way trip without adding at least 5 additional days for interior touring and Celebrity would be out for me due to no College Fjords- which if you are interested in glaciers is a must do on a one way. Superior- again my experience is Glacier Bay and I have been to all 3 inside passage glaciers now sailed. Especially in Alaska what is outside the ship is most important. :) Look at ports, time in ports, glacier, routing, price- budget fully for costly excursions you get only half a trip without them. :) Round trip Vancouver is excellent and you have enough time at Hubbard- if everything else fits- this may be a good choice for you?

bx47 - as flagger mentioned, time at Hubbard Glacier was plenty. If you want to do the R/T out of Vancouver and are happy with your choice of Celebrity, then I wouldn't let that worry you. We did a one-way on the Summit and spent the same amount of time at Hubbard Glacier and it was fine. We spent quite a bit of time with the ship straight-on towards the glacier, then the ship did quite a few rotations before finally sailing away. As with much of the beautiful scenery in Alaska, one can never get too much, but it's not like we left Hubbard Glacier wishing we had been there longer.

On the other hand, if you can spend the time in Alaska before or after your cruise, then it's well worth doing the one way cruise. Our time interior and our cruise were like two completely different trips - both great!:)

Hey Bx 47 - - - We Also Are A Group Of Approx 60 Couples Who Are Going On The Alaska Cruise ( Infinity - July 3 / 05 ) - - It's Going To Be The " Alaska Cruise Party " . However - - Were Still Looking For More Couples Who Want To Join Us. When Ever You Go , You Will Have A Great Time.

WE had a beautiful day and plenty of time at the Hubbard. We did two 360s and the ship was going so slow it was as if it was stopped. I don't know how long we were there but it seemed ages - though it was sad to sail away but it was still long enough for us to take away lasting memories. We started off on deck 12 but then I needed more film and discovered the view from our balcony was better. Felt like I could reach out and touch it. So for the second 360 we stayed on our balcony and enjoyed the view. Just talking about it makes me want to go back!!!! Colleen

Archived