Car Rental?

erin327

Hello - We rent every time we are on the island whether for a day on a cruise or for a week - like NEXT week! US driver's license is all you need. If you are there for the day, I would recommend Rodael rentals. They are located across from the cruise pier. We rented a car in October for the day for 51.75. We decline the insurance as we use our Visa card to reserve. You can call Elton at 599.542.5155.

If you are there for the week, I would contact Lesley Bruce at Kenny's Car Rental. His email is bruce@sintmaarten.net. We are renting for the week next week for $210.00.

Both of these guys will do you right. We have NEVER had a problem with either one of them. Have fun!

How do car rentals work in St. Martin? Do we need an international driver's license? Or just our US license? Is the driving and parking reasonable? Any other tips?

Thanks!

Driving in the Maho, Simpson Bay area in the afternoon can be busy and parking in both Marigot and Phillipsburg is a challenge.

We rent from Coastal Car Rental every time we visit St. Marteen. They are very friendly and have great cars. You just need your credit card and driver's license. They have you on your way in no time. They offer GPS with all the sights preprogrammed - sooo convenient - just $5 extra.

• 3 weeks later...
Driving in the Maho, Simpson Bay area in the afternoon can be busy and parking in both Marigot and Phillipsburg is a challenge.

i was going to suggest you check the number of ships in port when you are there - we had 9, two of which were tendered - even our tour ran over by an hour and they couldn't get from marigot back to the ship along the southern road, we had to circle the entire island to the north and then back down the eastern side which was the side of the island we had already seen and missed the last section of our tour all together.

i was going to suggest you check the number of ships in port when you are there - we had 9, two of which were tendered - even our tour ran over by an hour and they couldn't get from marigot back to the ship along the southern road, we had to circle the entire island to the north and then back down the eastern side which was the side of the island we had already seen and missed the last section of our tour all together.

With 9 ships in port I would either spend the day in Grand Cae or Anse Marcel. That is not a day for an island tour IMHO.:)