Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines
- Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals
- Write a Carnival Review
- Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call
See posts about:
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Elation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Splendor

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Magic
Carnival Pride
Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Dream
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Legend
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Victory

Old June 17th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default HELP - permission form needed for minor child traveling with a friend's family

Hi - I know i've seen this topic on here before....... My daughter will be traveling with a friend and her family on a cruise. Does anyone have the site where i can access the permission form giving the family authorization to take her on the cruise out of the country? Another snag - i'm looking for a form that only one parent will need to sign as I have sole custody of my daughter. Thanks for your help
Costa - Carla C - 4/9/78, Windjammer Cruise (Antiga) - 1/79, Costa - Carla C - 11/80 - Thanksgiving, Amerikanis (to Bermuda) 5/31/87, Carnival - 8/88, Carnival Legend - 12/27/05, Carnival Liberty - 11/21/06, Carnival Miracle - 8/15/07, Carnival Miracle - 8/21/08

8/09 - RCI - Explorer of the Seas, 9 day cruise to St. Thomas, San Juan, St. Marteen, Bermuda

Old June 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

We just had my daughter's friend's parents sign a letter and had it notorized. We never had to show it to anyone. But we had it just in case. You could probably just include a copy of the custody papers with it. I didn't have an actual form, just a notorized letter that her parents wrote giving permission to leave the country and permission to have her medically treated if necessary.
Hope this helps.

Conquest-January 2005
Elation-March 2006
Conquest-January 2007
Conquest-February 2009
Conquest-January 2010
Conquest-January 2011
Conquest-January 2012

Old June 17th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetums32 View Post
We just had my daughter's friend's parents sign a letter and had it notorized. We never had to show it to anyone. But we had it just in case. You could probably just include a copy of the custody papers with it. I didn't have an actual form, just a notorized letter that her parents wrote giving permission to leave the country and permission to have her medically treated if necessary.
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much - i thought i needed an official form
Costa - Carla C - 4/9/78, Windjammer Cruise (Antiga) - 1/79, Costa - Carla C - 11/80 - Thanksgiving, Amerikanis (to Bermuda) 5/31/87, Carnival - 8/88, Carnival Legend - 12/27/05, Carnival Liberty - 11/21/06, Carnival Miracle - 8/15/07, Carnival Miracle - 8/21/08

8/09 - RCI - Explorer of the Seas, 9 day cruise to St. Thomas, San Juan, St. Marteen, Bermuda

Old June 17th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Here are some sample forms from the Sea U Onboard sight.

http://www.seauonboard.com/Parental%20Authorization.htm

6/76 - Princess Sun Princess
6/86 - Carnival Mardi Gras
2/95 - Carnival Fantasy
8/02 - Carnival Inspiration
8/08 - Carnival Legend
8/09 - Carnival Glory

Old June 17th, 2008, 07:32 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen116 View Post
Hi - I know i've seen this topic on here before....... My daughter will be traveling with a friend and her family on a cruise. Does anyone have the site where i can access the permission form giving the family authorization to take her on the cruise out of the country? Another snag - i'm looking for a form that only one parent will need to sign as I have sole custody of my daughter. Thanks for your help
Even though you have sole custody, unless the other parents rights have been terminated you are going to need a second signature. (Of course Carnival may let you go without it but it is not likely).

Old June 17th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zqvol View Post
Even though you have sole custody, unless the other parents rights have been terminated you are going to need a second signature. (Of course Carnival may let you go without it but it is not likely).
This is so not true! (speaking from experience here, not just spouting off).

Carnival pulled their suggested form several years ago, on advice from their legal beagles, I suppose. They also will not give you any specific information as to what is required to actually get on board with a minor child.

There is no better time to have an attorney draft a legal document authorizing travel and have it notarized and in hand. We've had the experience twice, and each time the agent at the desk when we signed in read each and every line of the document before proceeding. Don't have a great time turn out bad because you got "advice" from folks that don't have a clue. Talk to your lawyer. Each state is different, and each port is different.

Old June 17th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default thanks

Thanks for the link for this form. My DH and I always cruise alone but are taking my little grandson with us next year and I was planning on finding this form. You've saved me the trouble!

Old June 17th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktac View Post
This is so not true! (speaking from experience here, not just spouting off).

Carnival pulled their suggested form several years ago, on advice from their legal beagles, I suppose. They also will not give you any specific information as to what is required to actually get on board with a minor child.

There is no better time to have an attorney draft a legal document authorizing travel and have it notarized and in hand. We've had the experience twice, and each time the agent at the desk when we signed in read each and every line of the document before proceeding. Don't have a great time turn out bad because you got "advice" from folks that don't have a clue. Talk to your lawyer. Each state is different, and each port is different.
Thank you so much - i think that i will have a legal document drawn up. She'll be leaving on the 29th of June.

We've been on three cruises in the last two years and haven't had a problem, both of my kids have their passports and we've never been stopped, or asked or even questioned.