Duty-free for Greece & Turkey cruises

Kiloohm

Hello,

I will be going on the Costa Classica in a few days. The cruise is mainly in Greece with a stop in Turkey (Izmir) on day 3.

Can anyone tell me if and how the duty-free shops will be open? I'm trying to understand if the duty-free will only open after reaching Izmir or it will be open as soon as we set sail in Heraklion.

Also if anyone knows the price of Marlboro cigarettes (I know I should stop), that would be great!

Hello,

I will be going on the Costa Classica in a few days. The cruise is mainly in Greece with a stop in Turkey (Izmir) on day 3.

Can anyone tell me if and how the duty-free shops will be open? I'm trying to understand if the duty-free will only open after reaching Izmir or it will be open as soon as we set sail in Heraklion.

Also if anyone knows the price of Marlboro cigarettes (I know I should stop), that would be great!

we were on Costa Favolosa in June and they did not sell cigarettes!!!!

Hello,

Just back from a cruise starting in Istanbul and at the airport they were selling the cigarettes in cartons of three and I think Marlboro were 63 euros for the three cartons.In Kusadasi it was the same.You can buy a single carton but it's a lot cheaper to buy the three.I bought three cartons of Pall Mall for 36 euros.I was on the Favolosa two years ago and bought cigarettes on board only to find them a lot cheaper at the duty free at the port of Izmir.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been my experience with European cruises that alcohol and tobacco products are not available in the duty free shops if the cruise itinerary port calls are all within the European Union. If the itinerary has at least one port call in a non-EU country (e.g. Morocco, Turkey, Russia, etc.) then the alcohol/tobacco shop will be open for the entire cruise. Naturally, all duty-free shops are closed and sealed when the ship is in port.