where to scuba

aggieljh

I am getting my scuba certification, and was looking to dive on my upcoming cruise this June. I am looking to dive in either St. Kitts or in Grand Turk.

Anyone have any experience with either of these places, or which one would make for a better diving experience?

Thanks

I am getting my scuba certification, and was looking to dive on my upcoming cruise this June. I am looking to dive in either St. Kitts or in Grand Turk.

Anyone have any experience with either of these places, or which one would make for a better diving experience?

Thanks

I dove in Grand Turk in April with Oasis Divers. Great time with them. 2 great dives. Am going back in Jan. and will be diving with them again.

Thanks

You may want to consider booking your dives with an independent dive operator instead of going with an excursion through the cruise ship, as you will have a better chance of being in a smaller group that way. The two independent dive operators on Grand Turk are Blue Water Divers (http://www.grandturkscuba.com) and Grand Turk Diving (http://www.gtdiving.com).

i was thinking of contacting one of the dive shops independently. It will be me and my two nephews...

How many people do they take out on a excursion from the ship vs booking you own trip through a local dive shop?

i was thinking of contacting one of the dive shops independently. It will be me and my two nephews...

How many people do they take out on a excursion from the ship vs booking you own trip through a local dive shop?

aggieljh, Information on the websites of the independent dive shops on Grand Turk show that Blue Water Divers takes a maximum of 6 cruise ship divers per trip and Grand Turk Diving takes a maximum of 10 cruise ship divers per trip. I don't know the maximum number for the ship's dive excursions, but it would most likely be greater than either of the independent operator maximums.