First time to San Juan

CrusingGolfers

First trip to San Juan. We have no idea what to do. We are young and very active so nothing is out of the question. Not sure if we should zip line (did it in Roatan), do something historic, or find a nice beach. I've done some research but wanted to hear from the pros what to do. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

If you are there on a cruise stop.... My opinion is to explore Old San Juan... meaning walk around the city up to the fort El Morro and tour at least that one (San Cristobal is cool also) then walk back down through the city just enjoying the ambiance of the city.... the old cobblestone streets and architecture/colors. It is a very cool city with lots of personality. If you happen to be staying there... Go to El Yunque (rain forest) and /or BioBay in Fajardo on either the kayaks or the electric boat. as well as exploring Old San Juan.

I agree with Dirkgun. Absolutely walk around Old San Juan. It's awesome! Yes you will dock near it and just walk up the hill or take a trolley. There are two forts in Old San Juan.

Agree also. You can spend several hrs walking around. We walked all along the exterior of the fort and then back to the " GATE " entering old San Juan. Then walked up to the fort and toured that. Very enjoyable.