Princess Excursion: Turtle Cove or Castaway Girl?

Stacey779

DH and I are trying to decide between two Princess excursions: Turtle Cove Sail & Snorkel or the Castaway Girl snorkel trip. Can someone explain to me the primary differences between the two? They’re similar in price and length, and both go to Buck Island. However, it looks like they stop at different spots: Turtle Cove vs. Shipwreck Cove. Which one is the better snorkel spot? Also, it looks like Castaway Girl is a catamaran, but I don’t know what type of ship takes you on the Turtle Cove excursion. Finally, would you recommend the morning or afternoon tour? Seems like the morning might be a bit colder, but perhaps it would have less people than the afternoon tour.

If anyone has feedback on either of these tours I’d greatly appreciate it. TIA! :D

DH and I are trying to decide between two Princess excursions: Turtle Cove Sail & Snorkel or the Castaway Girl snorkel trip. Can someone explain to me the primary differences between the two? They’re similar in price and length, and both go to Buck Island. However, it looks like they stop at different spots: Turtle Cove vs. Shipwreck Cove. Which one is the better snorkel spot? Also, it looks like Castaway Girl is a catamaran, but I don’t know what type of ship takes you on the Turtle Cove excursion. Finally, would you recommend the morning or afternoon tour? Seems like the morning might be a bit colder, but perhaps it would have less people than the afternoon tour.

If anyone has feedback on either of these tours I’d greatly appreciate it. TIA! :D

I have been on the Castaway Girl a few times now and it has been wonderful every time. The crew is so good and there are soo many fish and a shipwreck to see. What I like about the boat is that there are steps that come down from the bow which make getting in and out of the water very easy. It also has plenty of room for storage as well as a shaded area when you don't want to get any more sun. I have not done the Turtle Cove excursion but I have scene the boat. It does not look very well maintained and has no shaded areas. The only way to get back on the boat is to climb up a steep ladder. Not very good for older people.

I have been on the Castaway Girl a few times now and it has been wonderful every time. The crew is so good and there are soo many fish and a shipwreck to see. What I like about the boat is that there are steps that come down from the bow which make getting in and out of the water very easy. It also has plenty of room for storage as well as a shaded area when you don't want to get any more sun. I have not done the Turtle Cove excursion but I have scene the boat. It does not look very well maintained and has no shaded areas. The only way to get back on the boat is to climb up a steep ladder. Not very good for older people.

Thanks so much for the info! :) I was leaning towards Castaway Girl, and it sounds like that might be the best decision.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this something you can book independantly?? I am looking into sailing tours for our dayin St Thomas, but I dont typically do ship excurisons due to the crowds. Most of the reviews I am coming up with are more for "sailing" trips. I am really a little nervous about doing one of those as I have never been on a sailboat and do not think Id handle that leaning very well.

Archived