2015 Brides!

Hi! Were sailing on the Carnival Triumph and getting married in Cozumel with 34 family and friends joining! Super excited we only have 2.5 months left!! I have our welcome bags already with cute, customized tumblers, lanyards, sunsceen, and germx.

Everyone's final payment is due at the end of the week so I have been getting some questions on that. Does everyone wait till the last minute on these things?? Cant wait!!

lol In answer, YES they all wait until the last minute!

Oh the dreaded final payment date. I almost hung one of our groomsmen over this. Talk about the last minute - long story short we had made arrangements to meet the day of final payment so I could help him with it and that day after numerous texts and phone calls from both Troy and I.....at 10PM I finally got ahold of him and was like listen you HAVE to make this payment within the next 2 hours. Ugh - he's a great, dear friend and I love him but really?!? It's not like he didn't know this had to happen on that day.

Hi all,

I know I'm late to the forum, but I'm getting married aboard the Carnival Splendor out of NYC on August 29. Someone else is also marrying the same day, so they beat me to the "Time to Celebrate - Big!" package, despite the fact that I reserved my wedding last year on September 2. I will miss the ice carving, but I've decided the extra half hour of reception probably doesn't make that much of a difference. I haven't sent any of my selections back to Carnival yet, although I will probably start this week. My fiance and I will have a little over 50 non-sailing guests and a dozen sailing guests. We sent out hard plastic, customized luggage tags as our save-the-dates back in November. In February, we sent customized passport invitations with boarding pass rsvp's. Since the reception is so short, we are hosting a dinner in Times Square the night before the cruise for all of our guests, and I ordered the invitations for that from vp and sent those out yesterday (although my wedding website was updated a couple weeks ago). I still have to get favors and OOT bags for cruisers, but I have everything I need for OOT bags for people who are staying in hotels and not cruising. One thing that has struck me through this process is how things snowball once you begin working on a wedding project. This website has given me great ideas to customize this wedding and really make it my own. I really want to thank all of you who have contributed and asked questions and answered questions and shared your experiences because this is truly the only resource of its kind for cruise brides. My wedding would feel much less special without this site.:)

xoxo

Br00klynn

Getting super excited as we have just over 2 weeks until our wedding aboard the Carnival Splendor on August 4th. We have 53 guests - 27 of us are sailing. Everything is pretty much done - just a few last minute details. We are staying in Manhattan the night before - even though we live relatively close in CT.....we will be having a dinner the night before in NYC with the bridal party, the groom's family and my son who will be walking me down the aisle. I can't believe it's almost here! Wondering how my makeup will last the day since I'm a bug mush and will probably cry several times :) Looking forward to the big day and keep checking back here to read reviews, etc. Who is next on the list to be married?

Sorry I'm a little late with this, but we got back from our cruise on the 12th on the Carnival Pride and it was fabulous!! The weather and the seas were perfect. Our wedding went according to plan. We had our ceremony in the chapel and the reception in the Ivory Piano Bar. The day went by too quickly, but everyone that came had nothing but wonderful things to say about the whole day. Here's some of the pics!

1437446280743.jpg.01c7676b95af40c49c43795f60ec6ecd.jpg

1437446319491.jpg.f683f299ef4c8dac09e79454c6f5f3c3.jpg

1437446351168.jpg.b492208793a3379a1c638a5edf6388ff.jpg

1437446381211.jpg.1d57b6c46c298a066749c97a078c407a.jpg

1437446428863.jpg.240ebc29c14a88858f44b7af2caa9d5e.jpg

1437446431013.jpg.c5efa9152cdcd6ad1e0adecb67410ee8.jpg

1437446464043.jpg.48a5ed0a6e1a09021aac942b55df2579.jpg

Edited by beachnsnowbunny

So I finally finalized my reception cd and went to burn the songs to cd but they wont fit! I do not want to delete any songs and I stayed with the 1 hour and 30 min limit. Kinda bummed waiting to hear what the resolution will be. I would hate to have to put my music on 2 cds.

So I finally finalized my reception cd and went to burn the songs to cd but they wont fit! I do not want to delete any songs and I stayed with the 1 hour and 30 min limit. Kinda bummed waiting to hear what the resolution will be. I would hate to have to put my music on 2 cds.

It's not a problem to have multiple CD's. We used the DJ and had him play music (we just picked what genre's/mood we wanted). Our first dance (a surprise to me), father daughter, and mother son dances were all on separate CD's though.

Thats right I said it. We are packed.

I have spent the last 14 months planning this wedding....ALONE. I've selected the STDs and Invitations. Invitations went out 7/1 and an RSVP date of 7/30. It is safe to assume that those not booked my 7/30 are not COMING.

So.... final total in my head is 19 sailing guest. We are getting married in Freeport, Bahamas via Carnival Pride and I am beyond excited.

My goal was to be packed and ready by August 31st so I can become a BRIDE. I've spent the last 14 months being a wedding planner and a travel agent. The last two month will be me BEING A BRIDE TO BE!

The only things left to do are to take the wedding dresses to the steamers, mani, pedi and hair. I also have one more thing to print off Vista Print for my welcome bags but I can't do that until know that time we are getting married.

I even packed our clothes for the cruise too! I AM DONE! I needed to pack early to see exactly how much STUFF we had. it's alot of STUFF but most of it is decorations and welcome bag stuff so once we get onboard a lot of the luggage will be passed off to the guest and the wedding coordinator.

Here are a few pictures...the broom and bouquet I made myself, as well as the OH SHIP KITS.

IMG_8645.jpg.2914bc4d5883a36847e8966c37ef82c2.jpg

IMG_8321.jpg.ef5901cda34ba68001fbc70ee9f58a34.jpg

IMG_8502.jpg.6d4267828eabd707cc2812c3bdb12837.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.7efa04ff4d1b4ecbe59d6e53c3c7de81.jpg

IMG_7525.jpg.5f0041cd8378340214166fb6640a3bdb.jpg

IMG_7486.jpg.9dd507c79ab4e2546b859900424decc0.jpg

IMG_7454.jpg.b920a429fc743139118228d134ced596.jpg

I guess you are correct. Having 2 CDs is minor. I just didn't want a long quiet pause while they switch CDs. Not sure where to break the CD up. I guest I can put the moments on 1 cd (entrance, first dance, cake cutting, toast, bouquet toss) and the dancing music on another.

Its just one of those minor things that can really irk you at this stage in the game. Like really? it took my fiance and i 6 months to finalize the CD, pick the songs and organize it so the music flowed and I go to burn the CD and I get the dreaded " one or more track will not fit" error message. UGH.

I guess you are correct. Having 2 CDs is minor. I just didn't want a long quiet pause while they switch CDs. Not sure where to break the CD up. I guest I can put the moments on 1 cd (entrance, first dance, cake cutting, toast, bouquet toss) and the dancing music on another.

Its just one of those minor things that can really irk you at this stage in the game. Like really? it took my fiance and i 6 months to finalize the CD, pick the songs and organize it so the music flowed and I go to burn the CD and I get the dreaded " one or more track will not fit" error message. UGH.

Haha I completely understand - I think your idea for the CD with the dances/events is perfect. Congratulations on your wedding, you will have a fantastic time!

Good to know these things!! Thanks so much - these forums are lifelines to future Carnival wedding couples, because honestly there's no other place to find all this info. I wish I could start a website for that... Anyone in?? Lol

Hi Heather! When is your big date, and where are you in the planning process? My big day is January 15 on the Carnival Inspiration. I'm about 5.5 months out, and I've got most of the planning complete. Happy to provide tips or insights, although most of it came from scouring Cruise Critic! There is one board on pinterest you should definitely pin as well. I only have a few boards, and hers is one of them!

Thanks so much! Congrats on your big day coming in just a few months!!! The awful part is I'm not even engaged yet (probably happening soon tho), but my boyfriend and I have already talked about August 14, 2016 on the Carnival Breeze. I'm in the 2015 Brides forum here as well, and I've mostly used Cruise Critic for wedding info, although I've seen a few things on Pinterest as well. I just hate that we have to either dig through forums on her or get on Pinterest or whatever to find all this wedding info. It would be great if there were one website dedicated to cruise weddings and info. Does anyone know of such a thing?

Sorry to kind of ignore all of the new posts [emoji53] but I have an emergency!! Troy has not one idea in the world about what he is getting his groomsmen for a gift!! Ahhhhhh!!!! Any suggestions?

I got an email today from Carnival that my ceremony will be held in the Spectacular Spectacular Theater and the reception will follow in the El Morroco Lounge. Yikes! Does anyone have any tips that will keep me from fainting or tripping during the long walk down the aisle and up onstage????? I can't believe this is all happening in 3 and a half weeks!

Haha! You'll be okay! I'm hoping to also have mine in the show lounge on our ship. My plan is to walk VERY SLOWLY with my father to a slow song. That is truly my moment to soak everything in, and there is no need to rush. I do think you might want to have whoever is walking with you link their arm around the arm you are holding your bouquet with, so that you can also grab the stair rail if needed for support. One step at a time once you are on the aisle and going up the stairs (perhaps by the stairs, you are by yourself). So excited for you!!!

Oh, and eat something when you get on board. One of FI's friend's girlfriends said she was willing to help with anything onboard. I said, could you be in charge of going to Lido and making sure I get something to eat? DONE. I'm confident even a few bites of something will help keep me stable for the journey ahead ;0

I got an email today from Carnival that my ceremony will be held in the Spectacular Spectacular Theater and the reception will follow in the El Morroco Lounge. Yikes! Does anyone have any tips that will keep me from fainting or tripping during the long walk down the aisle and up onstage????? I can't believe this is all happening in 3 and a half weeks!

My wedding was in the main show lounge. I had our wedding party enter from downstairs and my father and I walked in from the top level and down the staircase - it was beautiful! The coordinators advised me to hold my bouquet in the hand that was linked around my dad's arm then use my other hand to hold the railing - which is exactly what I did. I was also smart in my shoe choice - I chose to wear the sparkly blue TOM's wedges since I wear those shoes all the time. I am comfy in them and can walk with ease. There are some pictures in my wedding review.