Ramada Miami Springs

katiel53

We are part of a group of cruisers sailing from Miami, Jan 31 and several of us have reservations at the Ramada Inn, Miami Springs. We don't normally sail from Miami and I have read some reviews. Some of them were good, others not so. I understand the motel has recently been remodeled.

For those of you having stayed there recently, did you feel it was a safe area? We are driving and I am concerned about parking there while we stay the night. We are older people and not comfortable being in questionable areas as if we ever had to defend ourselves, we'd be up the creek.

Thanks for your help and also if anyone living in the area wants to chime in, please feel free.

We are part of a group of cruisers sailing from Miami, Jan 31 and several of us have reservations at the Ramada Inn, Miami Springs. We don't normally sail from Miami and I have read some reviews. Some of them were good, others not so. I understand the motel has recently been remodeled.

For those of you having stayed there recently, did you feel it was a safe area? We are driving and I am concerned about parking there while we stay the night. We are older people and not comfortable being in questionable areas as if we ever had to defend ourselves, we'd be up the creek.

Thanks for your help and also if anyone living in the area wants to chime in, please feel free.

I would suggest your group finds other accommodations. It is a crappy, high crime area. It doesn't matter that the rooms are renovated when you cannot step outside your door.

Don't listen to what anyone says who has stayed there and has had an okay stay because it is a very high crime area.