San Diego Embarkation

dmlee1990

My family and I will be boarding the HAL Oosterdam in late March. There will also be a Carnival ship boarding passengers on the same day. My question is, when checking in your luggage, are the lines clearly marked for Carnival vs. HAL? I've read that some people have had their luggage placed on the wrong ship. Any suggestions on how to prevent this problem? Thanks!

They will board on two seperate parts of the pier. The first ship will be on the north side of the pier with drop off right in front of the building. The second will on the south side of the pier with drop-off at the west end of the pier. No problem finding the right line.

Now I can't vouch for the competence of the stevedores in getting your luggage to the right ship....be sure it is clearly marked, put the tags on your luggage you will get from the cruise line (and tape them down to the luggage so the strings don't break), and look your stevedore in the eye and say the name of your ship clearly, several times, and ask him to repeat it, before giving him his tip. Good luck!

Archived