My Walk to Seven Mile Beach - Royal Palms. 1.5 miles

racerxspeedy

Just back from Grand Cayman. We took the tender over from Independence around 9 am - these were 350 passenger boats so it takes about 30 minutes to load and unload. There were two Carnival ships in port as well. It was mostly cloudy so we decided it would be a nice day to walk.

Not a bad idea to work off some of those desserts!!

I recommend doing this if you enjoy a break from the crowds and the temps are comfortable. It's only 1.5 miles - but it felt a bit longer. Not recommended for kids since the traffic is pretty steady. Great for an active couple.

We pack light and wear good waking shoes. Stay left from the pier and enjoy the great harbor views! Just before the Marriot go left on Piper street to the beach. Walk along the beach about 500 feet to Royal Palms.

Simple walk - decent sidewalks in most areas. Note - A few spots had no sidewalk for about 50 feet.

Royal Palms was great. We will be back.

Hello -

I took us less than 30 minutes to walk to Royal Palms, but I would believe it would take longer with the kids. You may have to wait for traffic to clear in some areas with strollers. There is the occasional parked car to get around and curbs to jump.

This could be a bit of a challenge - might be better to take the bus.

Plus - With a stroller you would need to walk another 500 feet (past Piper Road) down to the main entrance of Royal Palms.

Capture.jpg.e690018c11f1a563e97894c6f2047706.jpg

Hello -

The walk from the dock to Royal Palms Beach resort is about 1.5 miles.

If you continue on to the end of the beach (Heritage Kitchen) you would add another 4.5 miles. The actual beach section is 5 miles, the total distance from the dock to Heritage Kitchen would be about 7 miles.

Distance calculated by Google maps. Enjoy - could be quite an "adventure".