Post cruise excursion prior to 4pm flight

Crazymom4

Any ideas on some sort of excursion to do after our cruise...before our flight leaves at 4:40?? 8 adults with all our luggage (since they don't offer luggage valet). We don't want to just hang out at the airport. Does anyone offer excursions with our luggage?

Thanks

Stacie

We are also interested in something for our 4 hour wait from leaving the ship until checking in for our flight.

We have been to San Juan numerous times, and have done the fort, rain forest, and city tours. Also shopped OSJ to death.

Any new suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie

We are also interested in something for our 4 hour wait from leaving the ship until checking in for our flight.

We have been to San Juan numerous times, and have done the fort, rain forest, and city tours. Also shopped OSJ to death.

Any new suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie

How about a Bacardi Rum tour? I know Royal Caribbean offers an excursion off the ship to the Rum factory. They store your luggage on the bus then take you to the airport. I think that is how we will spend our final day in San Juan.

Thank you to those who responded. We booked the flavors of San Juan and plan to take our luggage to the Barrachina restaurant. Totally crossing our fingers we can get off the ship on time, luggage dropped off, and everything runs smoothly to make our flight! :)

We did the rain forest tour. They took care of our luggage. It was interesting, and was much better than sitting in the airport for hours.

Did you do this independently or did you go through a cruise line? My mom and I have a 7:05 p.m. flight out of San Juan so I'm looking for something for us to do and a place to store our luggage. She's leery of leaving it at Barrachina Restaurant.

One option that we have used twice now, is the tour company set up right as you leave the ship. For approx. $25 they take your luggage, load it into their van and then take you on an OSJ tour. Depending on your flight times, they stop for lunch allowing you free time to roam around. Afterwards they transport you to the airport. Much better than sitting in SJU all day.

http://sanjuanhappytours.webs.com/

Edited by JUST TRIPPIN'

One option that we have used twice now' date=' is the tour company set up right as you leave the ship. For approx. $25 they take your luggage, load it into their van and then take you on an OSJ tour. Depending on your flight times, they stop for lunch allowing you free time to roam around. Afterwards they transport you to the airport. Much better than sitting in SJU all day.

http://sanjuanhappytours.webs.com/[/quote']

Just Trippin' - I clicked on the link you included and it says the website is frozen. Is this the only company that offers the tours when you get out of the San Juan terminal? If not, should DH and I be looking for a specific company to do a tour with before our flight or are all of them at the terminal reputable?

One final question, our flight leaves at 2:40pm, as long as we get out of the cruise terminal before 10am would it be reasonable to do a short tour or should we just head straight to the airport and wait? Never been to San Juan before, so thanks in advance.

To be honest, I got that link from our cruise file from two years ago so they might have updated things. We have used them twice. Both times we just got off of the ship and they were there. We did not reserve anything.

Depending on how busy of a weekend it is when you sail, I would still do the tour. They will let you know as its their business to know airport times too. You would not get off with the others and they would take you directly to the airport.

One thing I always like to tell people...when you arrive at the airport, go directly to the agriculture inspection area first. They scan your luggage and place a sticker on it. Forget and they will send you back at the ticket counter...not fun.

Try googleing San Juan Happy Tours. They have a new website. Also, you may be wise to leave the ship a little earlier than 10am to give yourself a buffer. The ship docks earlier than normal so it should not be an issue.

Edited by JUST TRIPPIN'

Try googleing San Juan Happy Tours. They have a new website. Also' date=' you may be wise to leave the ship a little earlier than 10am to give yourself a buffer. The ship docks earlier than normal so it should not be an issue.[/quote']

Thanks for the tips. I will be sure to do that!

Thank you to those who responded. We booked the flavors of San Juan and plan to take our luggage to the Barrachina restaurant. Totally crossing our fingers we can get off the ship on time, luggage dropped off, and everything runs smoothly to make our flight! :)

This sounds like such a good idea! I am thinking about doing the same thing. Our flight isn't until 4:40. Thank you!

Our family of 6 just came off Adventure on Saturday. We considered taking our luggage to Barrachina's but ended up using San Juan Happy Tours. We made the choice because my parents were along and they wouldn't be up for luggage wrangling or lots of walking.

Once we disembarked around 10:00am, we grabbed a porter who took our 10 (yes, 10!) bags. He handed them off to our driver and we never touched them again until the airport, where we could have had porters handle them there too.

We rode around in a nice cool bus through new and old San Juan, making about a half dozen stops here and there for photos. Our driver then dropped us off at Plaza de Colon around 11:30am. He then arranged to pick up two separate groups at 12:30pm and 2:00pm for airport transfers. Even though he didn't pick us up until 2:15pm (we were getting nervous!), we were at the airport by 2:35pm, in plenty of time for our 4:00pm flight.

I was very pleased.

• 4 weeks later...
Our family of 6 just came off Adventure on Saturday. We considered taking our luggage to Barrachina's but ended up using San Juan Happy Tours. We made the choice because my parents were along and they wouldn't be up for luggage wrangling or lots of walking.

Once we disembarked around 10:00am, we grabbed a porter who took our 10 (yes, 10!) bags. He handed them off to our driver and we never touched them again until the airport, where we could have had porters handle them there too.

We rode around in a nice cool bus through new and old San Juan, making about a half dozen stops here and there for photos. Our driver then dropped us off at Plaza de Colon around 11:30am. He then arranged to pick up two separate groups at 12:30pm and 2:00pm for airport transfers. Even though he didn't pick us up until 2:15pm (we were getting nervous!), we were at the airport by 2:35pm, in plenty of time for our 4:00pm flight.

I was very pleased.

How much was this? Thanks