Internet cafe near cruise ship dock?

Tamiroo

We're hoping to use a little port time after our excursion to email the kids at home with Grandma (I'm sure they'll have LOTS of questions). Hate the idea of using the cruiseline's internet options, so anyone know of an internet cafe that would be close to the dock?

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say FOR SURE about the port area, but little internet cafes seem to be fairly ubiquitous in Honduras, and usually at really reasonable rates. I love using the one beside Sundowner's at West End, literally sitting on the beach emailing home...what a treat!

Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised though if the cruiselines have convinced the shop owners near the port not to make internet access to convenient, as it would cut into their own profits. Hopefully, someone with more "port" knowledge will reply to you, too.

Have fun!

ee

• 3 months later...
I am bumping this to the top.

Have any recent visitors been able to get internet access in Roatan? I would really appreciate knowing this.

I'm not a recent visitor (was there a few years ago), but we just walked into Coxen Hole and there were several reasonably priced Internet cafes there. The Spanish keyboards were quite unique for English speakers!

I just returned from a Panama Canal cruise and all the small towns we stopped in in Central and South America had Internet cafes.

I was there a couple of weeks ago. I didn't notice anything in the port area, but I saw a sign for one on West Bay beach - didn't use it, though. The beach was beautiful, so I'd recommend spending some time there. Great snorkeling!

Archived