Crystal Seas Adventures Snorkeling Trip Grand Turk Info

miss_rach

All,

We just returned on our 7 days Carnival Sunshine cruise. Grand Turk was our last stop and had found a company to take three of us on a 2 hour snorkel trip. After planning the trip and what/who to contact about a snorkel trip on here before we left we decided to book with Crystal Seas Adventures. I found the webpage and called and scheduled the trip with Jasmine. Once we docked and followed her directions we found where all the various excursions were going on...dive boats, various tubing boats, etc...right past Margaritaville (you can't miss them)!

We arrived about 30 minutes early (boat got in early) and a few guys said that Danny (the Capt of the Crystal Sea Adventures boat) was out getting gas and told us to have a seat. the water was some of the best I've seen anywhere...we couldn't have been more than a few hundred yards from the ship and it was crystal blue!

Danny finally shows up and said that it was only us three that no one else had booked a snorkel trip.

We climb aboard his 24 footer and off we go, he said he'll get us in 2 different locations, A. semi shallow (10 - 15 feet) so we can get to see "up close" all the various sea life. Upon arriving we were the only boat on the reef and he said we should see 2 - 3 resident nurse sharks along with everything else. In we go and it was some of the best snorkeling we've ever done. A large snorkel boat pulls up and the guide starts to put some food or something in the water and along come the fish and the nurse sharks.

Danny yells out to us and says lets go and he'll get us out towards the "Wall".

He anchors up in about 30 or so foot of water and in we go, I think there was more sea life there than at the shallower reef. We swim out towards open water maybe 25 yards and there's the "Wall", it drops off and we can see fish for a deep as we could! This was by far the best place I've ever been to, I would love to dive it! we spend about another 30 minutes swimming around the wall and then its time to head in.

On the way in Danny said he'd stop at 1 more spot for us and we could pick either another location on the wall or a shallow man made reef.

we opted for the shallow one figuring we'd see more fish and sea life up close.

When we got to the spot it was a man made reef that was made around 10 years ago and it was awesome getting to see various types of coral growing on the reef.

All in all I'd say that Crystal Seas Adventures is an outstanding company. If you all want to get with a small group snorkeling trip I'll highly recommend getting in touch with them and ask for Danny, he's a great guide.

Thanks for your report on Crystal Seas! In just under one month, we will be aboard our first cruise!! Our final stop is in Grand Turk, and after much research, I decided to book a snorkel tour with Crystal Seas. Was a little nervous at first to book independently rather than with Carnival. Looking forward to our time at Grand Turk!

All,

We just returned on our 7 days Carnival Sunshine cruise. Grand Turk was our last stop and had found a company to take three of us on a 2 hour snorkel trip. After planning the trip and what/who to contact about a snorkel trip on here before we left we decided to book with Crystal Seas Adventures. I found the webpage and called and scheduled the trip with Jasmine. Once we docked and followed her directions we found where all the various excursions were going on...dive boats, various tubing boats, etc...right past Margaritaville (you can't miss them)!

We arrived about 30 minutes early (boat got in early) and a few guys said that Danny (the Capt of the Crystal Sea Adventures boat) was out getting gas and told us to have a seat. the water was some of the best I've seen anywhere...we couldn't have been more than a few hundred yards from the ship and it was crystal blue!

Danny finally shows up and said that it was only us three that no one else had booked a snorkel trip.

We climb aboard his 24 footer and off we go, he said he'll get us in 2 different locations, A. semi shallow (10 - 15 feet) so we can get to see "up close" all the various sea life. Upon arriving we were the only boat on the reef and he said we should see 2 - 3 resident nurse sharks along with everything else. In we go and it was some of the best snorkeling we've ever done. A large snorkel boat pulls up and the guide starts to put some food or something in the water and along come the fish and the nurse sharks.

Danny yells out to us and says lets go and he'll get us out towards the "Wall".

He anchors up in about 30 or so foot of water and in we go, I think there was more sea life there than at the shallower reef. We swim out towards open water maybe 25 yards and there's the "Wall", it drops off and we can see fish for a deep as we could! This was by far the best place I've ever been to, I would love to dive it! we spend about another 30 minutes swimming around the wall and then its time to head in.

On the way in Danny said he'd stop at 1 more spot for us and we could pick either another location on the wall or a shallow man made reef.

we opted for the shallow one figuring we'd see more fish and sea life up close.

When we got to the spot it was a man made reef that was made around 10 years ago and it was awesome getting to see various types of coral growing on the reef.

All in all I'd say that Crystal Seas Adventures is an outstanding company. If you all want to get with a small group snorkeling trip I'll highly recommend getting in touch with them and ask for Danny, he's a great guide.

Do you by chance have any pictures that you care to share?