New to Cruising looking for first time cruise

Newcomertocruising

Hi there. I'm English, 63 year old guy, single and looking to go on my first cruise in the sping of this year. I'm looking for a cruise to somewhere warm, either starting in England (I live not far from Southampton) or flying south and then taking a cruise. Seven days or so will be fine to start and a gay friendly ship essential. Any suggestions please?

Hi there. I'm English, 63 year old guy, single and looking to go on my first cruise in the sping of this year. I'm looking for a cruise to somewhere warm, either starting in England (I live not far from Southampton) or flying south and then taking a cruise. Seven days or so will be fine to start and a gay friendly ship essential. Any suggestions please?

Given how dirt cheap the Caribbean cruises have been running lately, I say take advantage of these low prices while you can.

With the economy in the pits particularly for the Americans, the Caribbean may be a real bargain. In answer to your second question about gay friendly ships, most of them are gay friendly with some more than others of course. I have only been on ships out of US and Canadian ports and the four cruise lines I have been on were all friendly. The Princess had GLBT gatherings every night and posted it in the daily newsletter. The Royal Caribbean lets gay pax post a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting on the bulletin board outside guest relations. FOD is a cover for GLBT used here in the states (colonies to the mother country). You will find a number of crew members are family (GLBT) but cannot mingle with the pax because they would lose their jobs. However some do it anyway. Like everywhere you will run into homophobe pax and GLBT friendly pax. Most though are there just to enjoy their vacation (holiday) and are friendly to all.

Pick a cruise that interests you, is in your budget and fits your timeline. Have a great time.

supergay.gif

Archived